Hanging Around

What's up, guys? Yes, I updated so early! Told you I'd make it up to you. This one is a light, fun ficlet, and was based on inspector99's artwork in deviantart, and I just couldn't resist writing a fic! It was too good! Once you read it, you'll know what I mean. 'Nuff said. I just know how my beta is going to react to this one (curse your dirty mind)
((Okay because I'm Indian I totally read 'beta' as the Hindi 'betaa' if ya know what I mean. No? Okay never mind.))
On with the story. Read, rate and revieeeew as always and please comment because the comments give me life and yada yada I say the same thing every time it's getting old. So yeah. Leggo.

"What did you get us into this time, Ezra?" Sabine growled as they raced through the streets. Sent on a simple food errand together (mostly at Ezra's insistence), they did NOT plan on splitting up, Ezra bumping into some storm troopers and then (mistakenly as he put it) insulting them and their mothers because of various reasons, including him 'not being able to keep his mouth shut when talking to troopers' according to Sabine. Now, they were on the run. Again.
Ezra threw her a sheepish grin as he jumped over some crates, parkour style. He threw her the old puppy dog eyes and she just glared some more, so he said, "Street chase, run away from bucketheads, nail 'em with some meilooruns, no biggie. All we need now is a tie."
"Yeah, well, we don't have any meilooruns, or any actual fruit for that matter, and we DON'T have the tie!" she yelled back as they darted through an alley, troopers calling in the background. Unlike Lothal, Garel was crawling with bounty hunters as well as troopers. Ezra didn't know the city as well, but he could certainly use what he called, 'the old Ezra magic' to get them out of this one. No problem. He grinned and grabbed her hand, making her cheeks warm and her stomach feel like there were a dozen butterflies - wait, what? Before she had time to contemplate on if he'd gotten taller or not they were climbing up the rooftop and jumping from building to building, old school style. Pfft, hormones.

"No biggie? That's an understatement. Got any idea of a plan up there in the brain trust?" she asked him, her voice dripping with sarcasm. He scowled and stuck out his tongue at her as he swung on a clothes rail to the other side and said, "Actually, I have half of a plan. I'm still working on the other half. And you can't use that joke! That's MY joke!"
She rolled her eyes, groaning, He had to pick this day to be especially annoying. What was it with teenage boys? Did they have an annoy button? She picked up the comm and said, "Spectre 2, things might get a little hot around here. Please be around before I die from Supreme Annoyance here or those troopers around the corner!"
Hera responded, half amused and half exasperated with, "On our way, Spectre 5. Tell Spectre 6 he gets washing up duty tonight."
Ezra moaned, "Aw, come on! It's not my fault troopers have bad attitudes with sticks up their butts! They're worse than Zeb!" and proceeded to climb even higher, almost at the top of the apartments. The padawan pulled Sabine up and they breathed out in relief. "At least we got the cheese waffles. They're my new favourites." he said, pulling them out and sighing with glee.
"Why? Because they're cheesy and corny, just like you?" Sabine muttered as she made her way to the next ladder. Ezra flashed her a maddening grin from below. "Exactly. Two of your favourite qualities, I'm guessing?" he said mischievously.
Before she could answer to that question in the most insulting way possible, there was the sudden sound of blaster fire, and troopers were coming up.
"Quick!" Sabine hissed, pulling him up the ladder and scaling the first level together. They made it to the rooftop and ran to the other side, but when Sabine made it to the ledge on the edge of the roof, a shot fired up, and Ezra lost his balance and grabbed the only thing he could reach - Sabine's belt!
They both went down, Sabine hanging on at the last minute to the railing. They hung in midair, and Sabine knew they only had a few moments when she realised the view Ezra was getting - and went tomato red. She looked down at Ezra, who was hanging on desperately, and he looked back up. His cheeks were bright pink too, and he was trying not to pull too much or he'd get a glimpse of her bright blue boxers. She scowled heavily, extreme frustration, annoyance and embarrassment boiled over her. Right, that is the last straw, she thought, as he said with the tiniest of grins,
"So, um... have YOU got any ideas in the brain trust?"
He visibly gulped, seeing her murderous expression.

"First off, this never happened! Now PASS ME THE COMM!"
Trying not to look up at her belt, Ezra got the comm from the holster and reached upwards for her hand, straining to hold on and not pull down Sabine's pants while at it.
"You know, we're gonna laugh about this someday!" He tried as she clicked the comm and scowled even more furiously.
"Not today! Hera, 4th floor, number 15 - it's an emergency! Life or death!"
To Ezra, she said, "It's lucky you're light, or we'd be in even worse trouble!"
Ezra replied indignantly,
"I am not light! With a full bladder I am pushing triple digits!" He immediately wished he hadn't said that as Sabine's stare burned into the back of his brain. Don't laugh, Ezra! You could die here!

Heh. It was almost ironic.
He could almost picture his obituary. Ezra Bridger, 15 years of age and not yet had a growth spurt, died falling from a building, his last view being of his future girlfriend's butt. Not the worst thing in the world, but still. It wasn't exactly dying in style. Heck, he'd rather not die at all.

His arms were tiring now, and even more so were hers. Troopers approached even closer, and it was then that Ezra saw the ticket to their escape -a dumpster parked over on the side. It was a fair way down, unless he swung off the line, was bounced part o the building and touched down in that dumpster. It would be messy. But it could work. And it was their only chance he could think of. He shouted up to Sabine, shaking with the effort, "Do you trust me?"

"What? NO!" She yelled, and then looked down into his eyes, which were urgent and determined. She nodded then, realising she had to.
"Okay - yes!"
He smiled and dropped, and she dropped with him. He grabbed the line and her hand, kicked at the building very ungracefully and force bounced down into the dumpster. While their most embarrassing moment ever, they crawled out, Sabine hoisting up her trousers as far as they could go, and they ran out onto the street, with troopers on their tail, and raced to the door of the swerving Phantom. "Hera's here!" Ezra said with as much joy as he could muster, and the climbed in, Chopper whirring gleefully at the sight of them. They immediately realised what a mess the looked, turning around to see their reflection on the window pane - Ezra with fruit peel in his hair, dirt all over his clothes and jogun juice on his everywhere, and Sabine hoisting up her trousers again, mud covered and orange stained. Zeb took one look at them and burst out into hysterical laughter, rolling around the floor while they both glared daggers at him.
"What- HAHAHAHAHA- what happened to you two?!"
Sabine glared at Ezra and the boy blushed even more, if that were possible. He sighed, "Zeb, it's a long story. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like not not be purple, please!"
Sabine was still scowling and blushing violently, and Zeb was still howling with laughter. Those two, he thought as he tried to stop laughing and failed miserably.

Two hours later

"Did anyone ever tell you how cute you are when you're mad?" Ezra asked her, that fizzle of mischief surrounding him as he entered the room, all washed up, where Sabine was currently internally fuming, clean and sparkly but still fuming. Ezra thought he might see steam come out of her ears any second. So he did what he always did in tense situations - resort to comedy.

"I'm not mad. In fact, I could slit your jugular vein 11 different ways from where I'm sitting and still wouldn't lose my temper." She said, but there was a slight sparkle in her eyes now.
Ezra clutched his throat. "Ouch. I had that coming. Still, those were highly unpredictable circumstances!"
He said, slightly nervous now. She smiled a little. And then her smile widened as she saw the note attached to the back of his pants:
Pink stinks but I'm still wearing it!
It was obviously in Zeb's scrawled handwriting, but it still made her laugh out loud and say, "You know what? I think we're even! And if you think pink stinks maybe you should reconsider my offer about dying your hair coral!"

Ezra looked at her confusedly, and then turned to see the note on his back.
"what the - ZEB!!!!!!"
He yelled as he ran out, and Sabine laughed her head off.
That boy really made her sides ache with laughter sometimes.

Sooooo what did you think? Yeah, I know right! So I'd better get on with writing the next one. And in the meantime go watch the Protector of Concord Dawn, Sabine's mandalorian episode!