Mistletoed

And the second Christmas story is here! Well, it is Christmas Day after all. I had to make it worth it. Merry Christmas and a happy new year! Here we have a wonderful - well, I sure hope its wonderful, cuz the idea definitely is - tale of Ezra trying (and failing several times) to get Sabine under the mistletoe. Will he succeed? Or will Zeb get the satisfaction of seeing him flop?! Read, rate and review please, and happy holidays to you all!

Life Day. That one time of year when the entire base was lit up with iridescent lights twinkling in every nook and cranny, pine trees stacked around in places they shouldn't be, and glasses of egg nog scattered around the tables. The pungent aroma of cinnamon and spice curled around everything like fog on a cold morning; Life Day spirit was inescapable. Thanks to the Wookiees, it had become an enjoyable tradition to follow and celebrate. Sabine appreciated that, she did. But there was one aspect of Life Day she did not appreciate in the least, all thanks to one no good scoundrel by the name of Ezra Bridger.

That boy seemed to really like the mistletoe wreath, and definitely not for innocent reasons. Mandalorian culture did not have mistletoe, and neither did Lothali culture - but that didn't stop the padawan from adopting it. No, on the contrary, he had taken to somehow mysteriously putting mistletoe whenever he and Sabine were caught alone together. Case in point: the supply closet.

Sabine was simply strolling down the corridor of Echo Base, minding her own business, when Ezra caught her by surprise and whirled her around.
"Quick - Chopper and Zeb are after me!"
"What - why?" She asked confusedly. Ezra rubbed the back of his neck.

"I may or may not have fried Chopper's bolts by tipping Zeb's broth over him. Hide me!"
Sabine rolled her eyes but spotted the dynamic duo down the corridor.
"Ugh, I should just leave you to them," she grumbled.
Ezra countered, "Yeah, but then you wouldn't be able to string me along, would you?"

Sabine snorted. He got cheesier and cheesier. "This way, sleemo."
They jogged along, Sabine chortling as Ezra narrowly missed an electric shot from Chopper. The pair turned two corners when Ezra abruptly pulled her into a maintenance closet. Outside, Chopper whirred angrily, and the big Lasat growled. "Where is that slimy loth-rat? I don't care HOW tall you are now Ezra, you're still a little punk!"

Inside the closet, the light was on but had a dimmer. Sabine began to realise just how cramped this was as she turned towards Ezra accusingly.

"Oh, this was your idea all along, wasn't it Bridger? Drag me in here with you - a cramped, smelly supply closet - that's nothing original, you know. Been watching some of those romantic holo-vids lately or what?"
Ezra grinned insolently and cocked his head.
"Hey, for what it's worth, I used to make a living out of ripping off ideas and making them better. Speaking of which, you might wanna look...up."
Sabine complied reluctantly and groaned as she saw the mistletoe wreath.

"Pucker up, buttercup." The mischievous Jedi laughed. Oh, she was about to tell him exactly where he could shove that thing when he turned the light switch off. She made an irritated sound and reached to turn it back on, but accidentally caught her foot over a toolbox and collided into him.
"Woah there! You okay? Didn't think you were that desperate for a kiss," Ezra quipped, wiggling his eyebrows. She glared at him, but felt the ice melt away as she saw the warmth in his gaze. The attraction was building up inside her like a rising tide, and knew he could sense this when he let out a bubbly, nervous laugh. That didn't help their situation either, and before long they were gradually swaying towards each other in a manner that was all too familiar to her. Their lips were almost touching before a purple furred fist shoved open the door and yanked Ezra out of the closet, much to his chagrin.