Chapter Eighteen

It had been two weeks since my parents had invited Julian over for breakfast, and broke the news that he was going to be baby sitting the pack until Pierce was fully ready to become the Alpha he was bound to be. However, that theory was proven to be futile, due to fact that both men have serious issues with each other leadership skills.

It was becoming highly frustrating to see two grown men bickering over who should do this, and why it is important to do this. I sigh heavily in my heart, it was annoying as hell. But that wasn't the only problem I was facing, Julian haven't spoken to me in the two weeks since he's been here. He hasn't even tried to hit on me or try to be dominant (unless he's taking care of pack business of course.)

I should be happy, but I wasn't. I wanted him to talk to me, so desperately. Even if I tried to talk to him he will just glare at me with those soul less eyes. He was always in a dark mood and I couldn't understand why. Asshole!

I was in my room lying very uncomfortably in my bed. I haven't had a good nights sleep since Julian's arrival to the house. My wolf was definitely stirred. I couldn't control how she felt towards her mate, because she needed me to need him completely with no barriers or restrictions. Before I knew it I was drenching in my own sweat. My tank up was soak, I got out of my bed and headed to my bathroom.

I flipped the switch in my bathroom and look in the mirror at my appearance, only to see my face sweating profusely. I hiss a curse under my breath. I turn on the pipe in the sink and wash my face of the sweat that was on it. I then dry my face with my towel and decided that I was going to get a drink of water from the kitchen. I made my way down the stair case and crash into a hard wall of steel abs almost knocking me out on my ass.

Strong hands quickly gripped me before I could fall heavily on my bottom. The pair of hands hadn't let go of me. I didn't even look up to see who it was, but I didn't have to, because I knew it was him.

"Thank you," I mumbled.

He didn't respond. Just stood there looking down on me, it made me feel uncomfortable and awkward. He let his hands dropped to the sides of his body.

"Next time look where you're going." And he left me there standing in the kitchen. In pitch darkness. I was fed up with his shitty attitude that I took after him. My feet stomping on the wooden floor, fist clenched and breathing hard through my nostrils. I knock on his door hard hoping to piss him off. He open the door and I walked straight in. He hadn't spoken, his face held no emotion.

I scanned around the room and it was in a neat and tidy order. Just like his own bedroom back on his territory. I guess he liked to keep things organized.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I demanded in a harsh tone. "You and Pierce can't stop whining like two little kindergarten kids! And more over you be throwing attitude like you're on your man period! So if you have something you want to say just say it!" I spat at him.

He didn't look moved or troubled. He just look at me, like I didn't mean anything to him. "Get out Scarlett." He told me in a cool tone. My heart felt like it had stopped beating and the air had been knocked out of my lungs.

I look at the man that was my mate in a dumbfound expression. That's it? I asked myself. No ranting or glowing irises, but a simple get out instead? I felt humiliated. But I wasn't giving up that easily, "no, I'm not leaving."

I held my head down and clench my fists.

"Are you deaf or something? I want you out of this room, now." He said in a gruff tone.

Getting bored of this and him I just called it even. I walk over to him and looked him straight in his eyes and said, "Whatever you think you're going through, get out your feelings quick. At the end of the day the world doesn't revolves you and your damn mood swings."

And I left, slamming his door behind me.

~~~The Next Day

I woke up early the next morning. I needed to take some of the edge off of me, so I was going to the gym. Despite my lack of insomnia lately, I've spent most of my time there. To be honest, I felt better now and more at ease. But Julian was more distant with me than ever. And I felt like an idiot to say that to his face but someone needed to say it though. He was behaving like a real prick.

Pierce and him still had their issues but everything was going okay with the pack. When I'm at the gym knocking the shit out of the punching bag everyday, I hear the other werewolves saying what a good job he's been doing and how he should run the pack instead of Pierce, that was a low blow, I just glared at them and that shut them up instantly. The girls couldn't stop drooling over his God of a body and I wanted to snap their necks but I had to control my wolf.

I came home my usual time and took a shower. For the pass couple of days I went on runs at Park Edge to escape the two male egos in the house. And although my wolf was upset with me for not being with my mate, she wasn't upset that I made her run free every day.

I didn't like the cold shoulder that I was getting from Julian. But I wasn't going to play desperate house wife either. I just wish things were different and not so intense between us. As I stayed in my wolf form contemplating about Julian and I, there was a sudden movement going on in the park. The birds that occupy the tree branches were now being flocked in mid air squawking in terror. My senses now heightened I became still to listen more carefully for the sounds and which direction they were coming from.

I was on all fours, and my eyes came in contact with a pair of steel blue grey eyes of another she wolf. Who was she? I stared at her with curiosity. She bared her fangs, and I did the same. She pounce on me attacking me with her claws, I blocked her, scratching my claws at her neck. She didn't howl out in pain but instead came at me with more ferocity clawing and bitting, I block and dodge her moves.

I felt my torso bleeding profusely as her claws dug deep within me. It slowed me down and my wolf drop to the ground howling in pain. I saw someone came over to me with a needle and inject it into my neck. My head started spinning and I felt wickedly dizzy. My eyes were beginning to close as I blink to keep them open. Before I knew it I was out cold and darkness rested upon me.

A/N: Oh shit, what happen to Scar?! And who was that other she wolf? What do they want from her? Oh crap, just continue reading to find out. Remember to comment and vote, happy reading everybody. ~~~Orchid08.