Chapter Fourty - Three

A/N: Hello Wicked Nation, please place your favorite song here. Thanks 👌.

Can you identify the poetic speech in the chapter? If yes, I will dedicate a chapter to you. The first three to do so, will get a dedication. Find out who's talking, and to who their talking.

***Alpha Caine's Pov

My wife and I sat in the canteen of the Watson's Memorial Hospital drinking a hot cup of steaming coffee. She held the coffee mug with both of her hands staring at it impassively.

"Katerina," I started off. She still stared at her mug in her hands. "Talk to me." I took my hands and grasp hers, giving her a tight squeeze for reassurance that I was here for her.

"How are you so calm about this, Caine?" She mumbled finally looking into my tired eyes.

"I know my daughter. She's a fighter just like her mom." I gave her a small smile.

She shakes her head. "I just want my little girl to be okay."

"And what makes you think our little girl won't be okay?" I didn't like the fact that my wife was harboring doubts that Scarlett wasn't going to be okay. Is not like she had cancer, and she'll be losing the hair on her head anytime soon. God forbid man, she just fainted. For some strange reason I wasn't worried. Why? I didn't know.

"I'm just scared, okay!" She affirms.

"Baby listen to me, nothing is seriously wrong with our little girl. I want you to be positive about this. I don't want you to beat up yourself over this." I kissed her caramel hands. A slight blush tinge her cheeks. I smirked.

"Caine," she cautions. A small smirk crease at her lips, a wicked glint tinting her eyes.

"Didn't you have enough on our trip?" She asked.

"I didn't even start." I coaxs. Her soft pink lips part in shock. I saw her beautiful brown eyes glistening under the florescent lights.

Without warning, I leaned across the table capturing her lips in a heated kiss. I devour her mouth like a starved man that's been craving for a hunger like no other. I was careful not to let the coffee spill on the table or the floor. She placed one of her hands on my stubble cheek.

My lips hover over hers, her mouth slightly parted awaiting my next assault on her sensual mouth.

"Is this your way of getting Scarlett off my mind?" Her pink lips trembling.

"Is it working?" I questioned.

Yes... I mean no... I don't know." I chuckle at my wife's indecision. I simply peck her lips one last time before sitting back down.

"Hey!" Someone said trying to get our attention. We look in the direction of the persons voice. "Get a room next time. I'm trying to eat here." The patient said indicating to his food on his tray. We quickly mumble an apology to the senior citizen.

My wife was so embarrassed, till her cheeks looked crimson. She also looked flushed. Her pupils dilating, her lips swollen from my kisses. She looked like a wolf in heat. I smirked  at the thought.

"What's so funny?" She glared in my direction.

"You look beautiful." I informed her.

She gave me 'are you kidding me' looking.

"I'm serious." I cajoled.

"Uh huh, and I'm Opera." She said as she rolled her eyes.

"Opera is pretty."