Chapter Fourty - Four

We stood in Scarlett's room. She was still sleeping, she seem to have impove because color was returning to her skin.

Couple seconds later, Dr. Jackson appeared in the room.

"Morning everyone." She acknowledges us. We quickly mumble the same greeting back to her.

"So we've run some tests, and Scarlett is fine and healthy." She informed all of us.

Everyone was super relieve to hear the good news, especially my mother.

"Oh thank God." My mother breathed as she place her hand over her chest.

"However, we did come across something else though."

There was a deafening silence in the room.

"What is it doctor?" Dad spoke up for us.

"Well you see, Nina told us that she fainted as well as her skin tone was pale. Her blood count was low too. She hasn't been properly eating either, and she seem a bit stressed as well."

Nobody spoke. We weren't really sure where she was going with this.

"We found out that Scarlett is pregnant."

"Oh my God, doctor." My mother was once again relieved. "This is the best news ever."

"Not so fast, Mrs. Ross, she was this close to losing her baby. If we didn't stabilize her the baby wouldn't have made it. Her baby was suffocating due to the poor treatment it received, but we ensure it pulled through."

"How far is she doctor?" It was now Nina who spoke.

"Two months pregnant." Dr. Jackson responded. "So there is time for her to take rest and take care of her body. You all have to ensure that she does this, okay?"

"Yes, doctor we understand." My mother responded.

"Will she be able to go home?" I asked her.

"Yes she can. She is better than when she first came in. I'll get the nurse to give you the discharge papers."

"Just one more question doc..." I stopped her from her leaving.

"Yes."

"How come she hasn't wake up as yet?"

"We sedated her so we could run some more tests. She should wake up soon." She explained. "Will that be all?" She looked at us. When she didn't get an answer she left.

"Wow. My baby is having a baby." Mom murmured to herself. "Caine we're going to be grandparents."

"Yes love we are." He says as he kisses her forehead.

"How about you guys go home," I suggested. "It's been a long night. And Scarlett is fine. Nina and I will carry her home."

"Are you sure?" My mother asked.

"Yeah. I won't say anything until she gets home." I went inside my pocket to fish out the car keys, I had them over to my dad.

"I think I should bring some fresh clothes for her. So I'm going to go with your parents and be back in a little bit, okay?" Nina stated.

I nod my head as the trio retreating forms went out the door.

I watched as my sister slept soundly. I was so grateful that Scarlett was alright. It also dawn on me that I was going to be an uncle and Nina an aunt. I wonder how Scarlett is going to react to the fact that she's going to be a mother?

Will she be excited?

Sad?

Depressed?

Lonely?