Chapter Twenty - Nine

The pain of the process is only TEMPORARY,
But the feeling of ACHIEVEMENT lasts forever. ~

*

~~~Julian's Pov

Pierce words had struck a nerve. If I wasn't so dominant and so stubborn, I would've had my woman beneath me right now. Naked, and moaning for pleasure. I would have made a permanent mark on her, of which she would wear it proudly. I would've introduced her to the pack as my future queen, my Luna, wife and perhaps the mother of my children.

Children?

Now, that had really hit a nerve. I've never really thought about these things before. I've always thought matrimony was for weak minded men. That was before I thought I was going to be a bachelor all my immortality. Instead, I found this fierce, and head strong beauty of a shewolf that makes me growl louder than a lion in the African dessert.

I glance over at Pierce, who was resting his head soundly against the cars head rest. Over the couple of weeks I've spent at the Ross's household, I've come to realize that he's going to make a good Alpha. I've seen the way he's taken charge in running the pack, I only gave him some tips and guidelines in ruling his pack with an iron fist. But his determination and his fairness will make him a formidable Alpha.

His father wanted me to uncover Pierce's true Alpha, but the that will only have to be uncover by Pierce himself. Because being a true Alpha is something that is acquired by the individual himself and no one else.

I'd been driving for several hours now. I had to reach Haven Dale before sunset. I needed my girl desperately. But I had a strong instinct that something was going to take place if I don't reach in time. I don't know how, but I guess you could call it an Alpha's intuition.

I took out my iPhone 6 out of my pocket and I dialed Chazz's number. I place the sleek, slender device at my ear as it begun to ring. I had one hand on the steering wheel now and the other hand holding my phone to my ear.

"Jules." Chazz smooth voice travel over the phone line with ease.

"Chazz." I replied in the same smooth tone.

"Any insight to where Scarlett is?" He questioned.

"Yeah, I'm making my way to Haven Dale Pack right as we speak." I informed him coolly.

"Haven Dale Pack?" Chazz stated, sounding incredulous at the same time. "Oh shit--"

"Yes, Jaxton's pack. Elana's brother." I interjected, cutting him off before he could finish his sentence.

"Whoa," He paused. "She goes to great length to provoke you Jules." He taunted over the line.

"No shit sherlock." Sarcasm lacing my words as I spoke them.

"So what is your plan now?" Chazz asked ignoring my sarcastic comment.

"I want you and Uncle Thorn, along with a few of our best fighters to come and aid me and Pierce. But most importantly to rescue Scarlett from these despicable people." I said to him.

"You think they're up to something?" He suggested.

"I don't think Chazz, I know. Something I can detect with centuries of being an Alpha." I simply informed him. "I just don't want my mate to suffer any longer at the hands of those people."

I swear if something happens to her I'm going to unleash hell and terror on to them both, and that's my mother fucking words too.

"Say no more, we're going to help you get her. All you have to do is give us the signal, and we'll be there." He quietly assured me. "By the way, how far are you anyways?"

"Still heading north. I'll reach by sunset, even though I want to reach earlier."

"Just try your best to reach as soon as possible. I'm going to inform Thorn, so we can start the necessary preparations. Good luck." He announced in his beta tone.

"I don't fuck with luck. I believe in the hustle." And I end the call.

I gripped the steering wheel hard, my knuckles turning white. I pressed down hard on the gas pedal, and driving hard on the road. I saw Pierce eyes open, looking at me with a stern expression.

"So fuck my life huh?"

A/N: PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK THE STAR AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SCREEN.

LEAVE COMMENTS.

SHOW LOVE, BY VOTING.

SHARE AND ADD TO YOUR READING LISTS.

HAPPY READING LOVES,

XOXO,

~~~ORCHID08