Chapter Fourty - Six

Some Women Fear The Fire. Some Women Simply Become it. -r.h Sin

*

***Scarlett's Pov

It had been two hours since my mother decided to drag me out of my bed to look at the various dresses down in the living room for tonight's gala.

I wasn't impressed with any of the choices that the stylist had picked. Albeit I was two months pregnant and going, I didn't want my baby bump to be showing to the public as yet. I mean, a pregnant Luna without her mate wasn't what I was going for. Believe it or not people love to talk. I just didn't want to be the main topic of their idle gossip tonight.

"Sweetheart," my mother called me from my thoughts. "You need to pick a dress." I was sitting on the couch in our living room. The stylist had about six different racks of beautiful dresses. Maybe if I'd actually paid attention I could actually pick something nice. But I didn't want to go for nice tonight. I wanted to go for jaw - dropping - I - don't - look - like - I'm - two - months - pregnant look. Or was that too much? Either way, I made my way over to the stainless steal racks, scanning the racks for the perfect dress.

My fingers flipped through the wire hangers of the dresses. I saw satin, sequin, print, floral, objects...

Objects? What the hell?

I quickly dismiss the thought as my eyes and hands work in perfect sequence looking for a dress. Then my hands stopped while my eyes continue to admire the dress in adoration. It was a simple black number that caught my eye. But simple was an understatement for this show stopper dress. It caught my attention and it was the one that I was looking for.

I look over to where my mother and the stylist were in deep conversation to notice that I had found what I was looking for. I turned back my attention to the dress that I'd now remove from the rack, and stared at it more keenly. It had a semi deep V cut infront of it, it held no straps to its design, it was perfect. My shoulders would be bare and my breasts would be slightly nude.

How wickedly naughty. I thought to my self.

A wicked smirk made its way to my lips. My inner Goddess was reveling at my choice of dress, and at the same time scolding me.

Such a seductive and bold choice, Scarlett. My subconscious complimented me.

Why that choice I wonder? Are you tying to lure out a certain someone?

No. I replied honestly.

Sure? Like a certain Alpha King perhaps? She eagerly asked.

What makes you think that?

Because the King doesn't share. He doesn't like it when his woman is the sight of every male adoration. Don't act as if you don't know...

First of all, Julian is in England. He won't be here tonight. So who cares if I want to be bold and reveal some skin. I was never one to be a prude. A smirk igniting my lips.

You're playing with fire. She warns.

Oh darling, some women fear the fire. Some simply become it. And with that, my subconscious disappeared from my thoughts. The debate we had was finish. I cleared my throat to get my mother and the stylists attention.

They stopped their conversation and their attention was now on me.

"I've chosen my dress." I informed them.