Chapter Twenty - Six

"Who is she Julian?" She probed.

"Somebody I used to sleep with." I said feeling very uncomfortably.

"Well, that's interesting." She said unbothered looking at her nails. "She has your mate."

"And?" I urged her on to tell me more.

She looked up from her nails and looked on us, "You already know, because you've been there before."

"That's it?" I asked confused.

"Yes. Now you have to go before something happens to her. She desperately needs reassurance that you need her as much as she needs you." Her words had me transfixed. They held meaning in them. But what?

"Thank you Nïx, I appreciate it." She nodded in approval, while Pierce and I took our leave.

As we headed back to the car, my eyes caught a glimpse of something. It was Pierce's fist swinging fast in my direction. With my quick reflexes, I dodged his fist. I grabbed it and twist it behind his back, slamming his face on top of the hood.

Crack!

"You fucking disgusting piece of shit! You cheated on my sister!" He exclaimed. He was fighting against my restraints on him, but I slam his face harder against the hood - leaving a dent on the hood of the car.

Crack!

"Calm down" My voice was low, and lethal. "It wasn't like that. You have to believe me."

"Then how was it?" He snorted.

"Your sister and I weren't on good terms. She didn't want me and I didn't want anything to do with her." I told him roughly. It was the truth. We hated each other in the beginning, when I came at the house to oversee the pack we barely spoke either. She kept her distance and I kept mine. But that was my biggest mistake, I shouldn't have been so cold and indifferent towards her. I wanted this to work. If I didn't pretend that I didn't care for her she'd have been here. But I cause all this bullshit because I wouldn't give myself to a female, my woman, my mate.

Pride goeth before fall. I thought to myself.

I release Pierce's arm from behind his back. He was massaging it gently.

I got in the driver's side of the car, placing the key in the ignition. The engine roared like a wild lion hunting for its next meal. Everything started to make sense now. I put Scarlett in this difficult situation. And now it was up to me, and me only to get her out of it.

I put the car in reverse, then put it into drive.

I saw Pierce got in front of the car, the lights illuminating his entire body.

"You're not leaving me. Despite how much I want to kill you right now." He muttered. I saw him make his way to the passenger side of the vehicle. He got in and close the door.

"Let's go."

I place a death gripped on the steering wheel and drive out of the old, looking--collapsed house into the dark night.

"Just to be sure, where exactly are we going?" Pierce question.

"The Haven Dale Pack Territory." I stated firmly.

"That's where you went the first time and met Elana, didn't you?" It sounded more of a statement rather than a question. Nevertheless I answered him.

"I need to know one important thing Julian," Pierce pause before continuing, "Do you want this to work between you and Scarlett?" Before I could conjure up my answer, he cut me off with a wave of his hand.

My eyes were on the road. My senses were on high alert, and my concentration on finding Scarlett was crucial. I needed to find her and explain to her how fucked I am. And that I need her to stand by my side.

"You need to tell my sister how you really feel. You have to fight for her Julian. She needs you to show effort and the rest should fall into place." He stated but he wasn't finished yet.

"When are you going to put your ego aside and fight for your woman?"

The sentence ponder my brain.