Chapter Thirty - Three

I sat in my study working. It had been two weeks now since I last visited Scarlett.

I ran my hands down my face. I got up from my chair and decided that I was going to sleep in my bed this time. I check the time on my Marc Jacobs watch to see it was only 1:21 in the morning. Compared with the previous nights, this was early. I would be up till four, five, sometimes even six. Hence, I would end up sleeping in my study on the leather couch that was fixed in the corner of the room.

I turned off the lamp light that I was using at my desk and exit the study. I made my way up the staircase. I approach my bedroom door, and saw it was crack slightly open. My wolf senses were on high alert now. I gripped the door knob quietly and slowly pushed it open. I took a cautious step into my room, scanning the entire place, and it seemed everything was in place.

Then that's when I saw the bathroom door open. And out came a beautiful, raven hair creature with a pair of green sea eyes that could captivate any mans soul. I stood dumbfound, my entire body froze. She looked as if she didn't received any slash wounds with a sword two times. Her skin seem to be radiating now.

"Scarlett," I whispered.

"Julian." She breathed. She was wearing a black silk robe that stopped mid-thigh. It was tightly wrapped, enhancing her luscious curves and the fullness of her breast.

"You weren't there when I woke up, so I decided to come here." She explained, as she moved away from the entrance of the bathroom frame. She closed the door and made her way infront of me.

"Why weren't you there?" Her hands fold across her chest and a look of disappointment seem to etched on her face.

"I couldn't stand to see you in that bed with tubes cascading all over you. It hurt to know that I was the one who put you in such a predicament and..." I trailed off, not being able to finish my sentence.

What if she had died?

What if I didn't reach in time to stop Elana?

I would have loss her forever...

Now she stood infront me, like a dream, that if I touched her she would just disappear into thin air.

Was I dreaming this?

Was any of this even real?

She took another step, then another step till she was close enough to feel the warmth of her skin emanating around me. She place her small hands on both sides of my face and stared deep into my eyes. And for the first time I didn't feel like a grown man, I felt like a small boy who had loss both his parents. I felt like the fragile one, not her.

"Was it because you thought you almost loss me back at Haven Dale Pack Territory?" She softly asked.

"Yes," I told her. And I closed my eyes, and like a music set on repeat, the memory replayed a thousand times in my mind. "You have no idea what's it's like to lose someone that you're so close to."

I took a deep breath and looked down at her. "I didn't want to go through that again. I'm sick and tired of losing people that are important to me Scarlett. I don't know what I would have done if I had lose you too. You're important to me Scar."

"Your parents." She simply said.

"My parents." I repeated.

"You won't lose me that easily Julian. But you weren't the only one who thought that losing someone would hurt." She remove her hands from my face and turn away from me.

"What are you talking about Scarlett?" I gripped her hand and turned her body around to mine so that she was facing me.

Her eyes were glued to the ground now. "Hey," I softly probed. "Look at me."

Her green eyes connect with mine. "I thought I was going to lose you, Julian. I thought you had given up on me. I know we had our differences but I just thought you--" I place my index finger on her lips, cutting off her sentence.

"Listen to me Scarlett, I wouldn't have stopped searching until I found you. You're my mate, of course I would do anything for you. Even if meant searching the entire planet till I found. I don't give up that easily babe." I pulled her in my arms and hugged her tightly. Her head was against my chest, and it felt right. It felt like at this moment everything was going to be fine.

"You need to get some rest Scarlett." I said to her. I removed my hands from around her and she stared up at me with lustful eyes.

"No, not rest," she said. "But this." She pulled my face down to hers and pressed her lips against mine.

It was like a wave of ecstasy exploded through my body. Ever since she went missing, to the series of events at Haven Dale Pack Territory, to this present moment now, reminded me how much I truly missed her.

It had been too fucking long since I held Scarlett this close to my body. Too long to feel her lips on mine, her moans of pleasure ignited the flame that burned deep within. My body was on fire.

Her tongue swirled around in my mouth. I growled fiercely in her mouth, without taking my lips off her skin. I trailed debauched kisses along her neckline to the deep V of her robe. She gasped, and clutched her hands in my hair, moaning in sweet agony. I made my way back to her face and captured her lips back with mine. She placed her hands on my cheek and kissed me deeply. I lifted her off the ground and she wrapped her legs around my waist.

Her robe sliding up her arse.

She broke the kiss, her eyes closed as she pressed her forehead against mine, and our lips now inches apart.

"Make love to me, Julian." She rasped.

"You don't need to tell me twice love."