Chapter 3. Landing

Chapter 3.

"This will be discussed in one of your classes, but let me give you a brief introduction about the Academy," Blue said, settling back on her seat. "And please buckle your seatbelt. We're about to land." I nodded before doing what she said. "Lesbian Academy was founded in the 1500's by a group of individuals, our founding mother's as we'd like to call them."

The flight attended walked hastily to us. Red turned to her. "Send word that we're entering the island," she instructed. "Tell the headmaster that," her eyes went to me, "Our newest guest will arrive soon."

"Yes ma'am." The attendant went on her way.

"Anyway," Blue said, resuming her story. "The academy was founded for one main reason. They wanted a place where lesbians like us would be safe from the society. In those times, witches were not the only ones burned. Lesbians were mocked and stripped from their rights too, which was why the founding mothers thought it would be best to establish this place."

"I see. . ."

"At first, every lesbian was welcomed in the academy. It was a sanctuary for them. But as years passed, the founders thought it was best to keep it exclusive. Only the best would know of its existence. That's how we were able to uphold our high standards." The plane taxied on the runway. I glanced out the window momentarily, feeling nervous for the first time. "It's alright to be overwhelmed," Blue said, disrupting my thoughts. "Everyone has been there."

"This is so unreal," I said, looking worriedly at her. "What if the headmaster doesn't like me?"

Red interrupted. "Like?" She smirked. "It doesn't matter if people like you here or not. "It's like science Ms. Kensington. What you feel about the project or fact is irrelevant. What's important is the contribution it can give to the society. Don't worry so much about what people will think of you and just do your thing. To be great, you don't have to give a damn."

"That is very quantum physics."

"And that's why the Lesbian Academy will appreciate you. You know your science Ms. Kensington." Red unbuckled her seatbelt. "I believe we've arrived."

My eyes went to the window. We've come to a complete stop. Blue stood up. "What course would you take if ever?" she asked. Blue leaned closer to help me with my seatbelt. I took a whiff of her perfume. She smelled like one of the expensive shops we've been through. "Come." I followed her. "Your bags will stay here. If you decide to refuse the offer, we'll take you back immediately."

"And why would I refuse it? The concept sounds amazing. Who doesn't want free food and clothes?" A thought occurred to me. "Even though it's on an island, the place has wifi and internet right? I'd like constant communication with my sister. She'd be worried sick thinking about me."

Blue smiled widely. Something about her eyes hinted that she found the question funny. "Yes, we do have wifi. You'll be very surprised at what the academy offers." The door of the plane opened automatically. Blue gestured with her hand. "After you."

I was the first one down the stairs. Blue followed close behind while Red took up the rear. A black car was waiting for us. We got in without questions. It felt like I was being driven to another world. The car stopped outside a building. There was nothing but hundred feet walls on either side. It must be the main entrance to the place.

Red and Blue lead me inside. It was like an airport with many checkpoints. The only difference was the leather couches on the lounge looked far more expensive, not to mention there weren't many people except from the female guards. Two of them stood to attention when they saw us approaching.

"A new recruit," observed one of the guard.

The other one motioned to a machine on the table. "Please place your hand here."