Chapter 4.Houses

Chapter 4.

Blue and Red were still waiting for me when I emerged from the headmaster's hut. Blue grinned impishly. "What did she say?"

"Go forth little lesbian."

"Sounds just like her," Red said, nodding her head. "Come," she beckoned. "It's almost supper. We need to find you a room."

The three of us walked away from the hut. I glanced back. The headmaster was probably sitting on one of her marshmallow couches. "Where are we going?" I asked, keeping in step with the two. They always walked too fast, especially Red. From what I have gathered over the last few hours that we've been together, she didn't like wasting time too.

"We're going to the middle house." She glanced sideways at me. "There are three houses in the Lesbian Academy, each one with their own dorms. The buildings are interconnected together with bridges. It's not unheard of to visit the dorm you don't belong to if you have a friend there."

"And the middle house?" I said, quickening my pace.

Blue answered. "The middle house was named aptly because it's located in the middle of the dorms. This is where the different houses meet. It's neutral ground, so to speak." She smirked. "We eat there, share ideas, and basically do what we want to do. There's also a library and a few amenities."

I snorted. "Sounds like a hotel."

"You can consider it like that Ms. Kensington," Red said, steering me to another direction. "Don't ever forget that majority of the students here come from elite backgrounds. The academy only wants to give everyone the best. Imagine the King and Queen from another kingdom marching here because their daughter wasn't given her silk robes." She chuckled. "Just kidding."

"There are princesses here?"

She pursed her lips. "Yes there are quite a few. There are also heiresses, daughters of actresses, and spoiled and pampered girls like Lilith." Red turned to me briefly. "You might be wondering how the academy is able to protect all of these rich kids. Correct?"

I nodded, raising my index finger. "Is it because of this?"

"Yes. . . The tattoo has so many functions than allowing you to interact with the environment. It also monitors our vital signs and location."

I glanced at the tattoo. Who thought it would have so much use? "What if I cut my finger off? What will happen then?"

"That's not a good idea," Blue warned. "As soon as it is tampered in any way, or the circulation from your finger is cut off, it will trigger a response from the security. Because you are no longer recognized as an occupant of the island, thousands of microbots will hunt you down and kill you. That's one way to ensure that no intruder will be able to come in. We do have the rich and noble here, not to mention the brightest minds in history. The academy will ensure our safety."

"And," Red supplied. "Arial or sea attacks are not effective too. Once you go into our airspace without introducing yourself, a missile will launch to destroy your vehicle, regardless of its nature. The island is also unique in such a way that it has its own defense mechanism. It was built for war Ms. Kensington. We have technology here that will baffle the human mind."

"Oh. . ." That was a lot to take in. I'd probably ponder about it tonight. "So uhm, about the houses. How will I choose one?"

"We'll get to that later," Blue replied. "For now, let's get to the middle house."

I followed the two of them silently. The path snaked and zigzagged, bigger than I imagined. It would be weeks, even months before I get used to it. I took a deep breath. There was no other choice than to belong to this school. Aside from the benefits that it could give me in life, I had no home to return to. My thoughts strayed to the three I've left behind. They had no idea with what was happening to me. That was probably for the best.