5.

It took me a few seconds before I finally processed what was happening. Niall's lips were on mine.

Niall's lips were on mine.

My eyes fluttered closed. The familiar taste of vanilla lingered on his lips as I began to kiss him back. He kissed me softly, but with a hint of roughness behind his kisses. I felt a foreign feeling rise in my chest and stomach as he grabbed my face with both hands, deepening the kiss. 

This must be what butterflies in your stomach feel like. I have never been kissed like this before. 

Of course, the thought of kissing Niall crossed my mind a couple of times today, but I never expected it to happen, nevertheless for it to take my breath away.

And although he felt so good, I knew this wasn't right. He was angry and was just using me to prove something to Mikey.

"Niall," I reluctantly pulled back making his eyes shoot open. God, they're so beautiful. "We can't do this. Not like this." I gulped, my eyes quickly darting to where Mikey stood on the other side of the glass, mouth agape. 

"Fine." He clenched his jaw, his tone now cold towards me. He opened the passengers door for me. "Get in the car." 

I gave Niall my address and five minutes into the drive the awkward silence was broken by a ring from my phone. I pulled my phone out and looked at the name of the text I received. 

'From: 'Ma Son 🥰'

'U okay? Haven't heard from u'

I quickly sent Mason a text back reassuring him I was fine. Almost instantly he texted back. 

'I was in da car with Soph and Liam and it was fkn weird! I had to sit there in silence while the two flirted! Now Soph won't stop gushing to me about him as if I were one of her girl friends 🤮 Hurry. '

I held back my giggle. They always bickered as if they were siblings. My lips turned upwards as I responded telling him I'd be home in a couple of minutes. 

From the corner of my eye I could see Niall's eyes on the screen before switching his attention back on the road.

"So, if Mason isn't your boyfriend, then what is he?" Niall bluntly asked as he stopped at a red light and looked at me. At the same time he grabbed my phone out of my hand and began to tap a bunch of numbers on my phone.

"What do you think you're doing?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"You didn't answer my question."

"He's my best friend."

"What, so he's the guy that has a crush on his best friend?" Niall shook his head, finally looking up from my phone. What?

"No. Mason and I are just friends."

Niall's phone began to vibrate from his pocket and only then did I realize he was calling himself from my phone in order to get each others numbers.

"I don't believe there's no feelings involved, on his part at least." Niall snickered.

"Well, there isn't. And even if there is, it's none of your business, Niall." I rolled my eyes at his ridiculous claim. 

"Well I'm making it my business, Ava." Niall huffed, annoyance in his voice. "Why?" I asked. I was starting to grow annoyed at his sudden change in mood with me. We share one kiss and he thinks he can act like this with me?

"Because," he took a deep breath, watching as the light turned green.

He muttered something under his breath that I couldn't make out before he pressed the gas pedal, hard, and took a sharp sudden turn causing me to hit my elbow against the door and the baby to fall down from the backseat. It began to cry due to the fall it took.