15.

I can't remember how many shots Harry took before we made it to the dance floor. I had joined him with one shot but after that I had cut myself off becauseI had already taken four. If I took any more I would surely regret it tomorrow.

 Our bodies moved along to the beat of the music while we laughed uncontrollably. Harry was a horrible dancer when he was drunk, but I probably was too. But you know who was worse than the two of us combined? Louis.

Eleanor and I giggled as Harry tried to mimic Louis' funny dance moves. "Mate you look like an idiot!" Louis laughed. 

And that's how most of the night was spent, Louis and Harry dancing in a horrible manner while Eleanor and I watched them, hysterically laughing. 

It was later that night I returned from my third trip to the bathroom.

Harry, Louis, Eleanor and I had been sitting outside on the grass for a while, talking drunkenly about random things. But when I returned to our spot, Niall hovered over the three, whispering things that I couldn't hear. I stumble towards them, trying my hardest to keep my balance. I was doing horrible by the way. Good thing I cut myself off early. 

"Hey! There you are Niall! Why'd you ditch me?" I giggled. "What's going on?" 

"Nothing. I'm taking you home." Niall said as he reached for my hand.

"Nooo.... whyyy?" I complained. We had only been here for about two hours and I was having a good time with my new friends.

"Come on Niall, don't take her away! She's great company!" Harry pouted.

"You stay out of this Harry." Niall rudely ordered. "You guys got her drunk instead of looking after her. We're leaving." His loud voice making me jump.

"But I like hanging out with Harry and Lou-" Before I could say anything else Niall pulled me away from my new friends and inside where the party was. The music was extremely loud and intoxicated people were dancing sexually against one another.

"Oi Niall! Leaving already?" A guy who was standing in front of the door asked. I took a peak from behind Niall's back to see it was a curly haired boy with a beer in his hand. "Oh, didn't see you there honey." He smirked once he saw me peaking from behind Niall. He was still tightly holding on to my hand which I was confused as to why seeing as I was capable of walking on my own. Actually maybe not in this moment. I was struggling to stay balanced, so maybe it's a good thing Niall was helping me keep my balance. 

"She looks like a good one. Have fun kids." He smirked at the two of us and patted Niall's back before walking away. 

"Prick." Niall muttered before opening the door and gently pushing me in front of him to exit. 

"I hope you know I'm not sleeping with you." I stated thirty seconds into the drive.  

"Don't be stupid. I wouldn't take advantage of you." Niall rolled his eyes as he approached a red light. 

"Okay great. Well I was having fun, don't know why you dragged me out of there. If you wanted to leave you could've just left me with them." I drunkenly complained.  

"What and leave you alone at the party around all those drunk guys who wouldn't be able to keep their hands off of you? I don't think so. Any guy there would have easily taken advantage of you and you know it." He replied. And that quick the mood in the car changed. 

I was sober enough to understand that what he said was true, that if I had stayed and gotten even more drunk, I would've done something stupid. Deep inside something told me that he cared about my well being and the thought made a small smile appear on my lips as I turned towards the window and stared off at the empty streets. I was beginning to get this feeling about Niall that I couldn't really explain. He was different than what he let out to be. I mean I don't know much about him, but in my drunken state I can admit that I know he's different. 

 Looking back to the night in which we sat in his kitchen talking and drinking our tea, I realized that he was an average 18 year old. Only he can work on his anger because that still kind of scares me. He wasn't the reckless bad boy I thought he was. He was so much more. I can't admit that when I'm sober though, no matter how much I know it's true. 

 And  I don't know, maybe these are just drunken thoughts that are making me feel like this. But as I turned to take a glance at him as the light from the moon illuminated his pale face and rosy cheeks I had this warm feeling in my stomach. It was weird to feel this now mostly because I was a tad drunk. But the setting was so calm and relaxing, and he was so calm and relaxed as he drove, that I thought: 

Maybe, just maybe, Niall will trust me enough to let me know this wonderful side of him that I know he has in him.