23.

I was speechless. Niall has a girlfriend? And here he was kissing me five minutes ago! I felt disgusting. Not to mention this made me a horrible person.

The girl looked back and forth between Niall's and I's disoriented expression before bursting out into a fit of laugher, confusing me even more.

"I-uh-" Niall couldn't even find the words to speak. 

I raised my eyebrow at the girl as she laughed loudly, her hand over her chest as she tried to get a hold of herself.

"Oh I'm just messing with you darling!" She chuckled. "It's a joke! He's not my boyfriend. At least not yet." She smirked as she glanced over at Niall. But I couldn't help but notice he seemed uncomfortable and annoyed at the mention of being her boyfriend. Hell, I didn't even know her and I could already tell she was annoying. 

Okay weirdo,I thought. 

I let out an uncomfortable chuckle not knowing how else to react.

"Was I interrupting something?" She asked suspiciously as she looked at Niall's serious face, jealousy quickly overcoming her.

"No."

"Yes."

Niall and I both answered at the same time.

"Oh, I see." She looked at Niall obviously taken aback by his response. I could feel the tension between them from all the way over here.

"Niall, I didn't know you had such a pretty friend." She said through gritted teeth as she looked me up and down. I hated the way she was looking at me.

"No, we're not exactly friends." I answered uncomfortably. There I go again repeating the same words that I always spoke when someone referred to Niall as my friend.

"Hmm, that's what I figured. There's no way Niall would ever be friends, let alone anything more with someone like you." She smirked. I couldn't figure out whether her comment was supposed to be offensive or not, but I just let it go.

"So then why are you here Ava?"

"We were actually working on an assignment for class." I said wanting to reassure her for some odd reason.

"That's it?"

"Yeah." I lightly chuckled, uncomfortable. If she did have a thing with Niall, which she obviously did, I didn't want her to think it was anything more than that.

She looked at me suspiciously before she smiled, her mood completely changing as if she didn't see me as a threat anymore. 

"Oh. Alright." She shrugged before turning back to Niall. "I stopped by because I left my wallet here yesterday."

"If you don't mind I'm going to go look for it in your room." She said before turning to me. "I'm sure it's lost in between his sheets or something, if you know what I mean." She winked, chuckling as she passed by me and walked towards his room leaving Niall and I alone.

We looked at each other awkwardly in complete silence. I didn't even know what to say.
I felt gross knowing I kissed him after she admitted he hooked up with her 24 hours ago.

"I should go." I mumbled as I turned around and began to collect my belongings.

Seconds later he was standing next to me.

"Ava, wait." he said placing his hand over my own that was on my bag. I could feel his hot breathe on my neck making me freeze completely.

"Stay." He pleaded, his voice barely a whisper. "She'll be gone in two minutes. Stay please."