Two

There was a light knock on my door. I shouted,

"Just a moment!" and ran to the bathroom. I checked how I looked and ran back to the door. I turned the silver knob to see Mrs. Delgruff standing there.

"Uhm, can I help you Mrs. Delgruff?" I asked confused. She never came to see me.

"Yes, sweetheart. There is a very nice young lady who will be joining us later to consider adopting one of the girls here and I thought I might as well check to see if the rooms were clean." I nodded and scooted out of the way so Mrs. Delgruff could come in. Mrs. Delgruff was a very strict, but kind, aging woman. She always had her head pulled up into a bun so tight it looked like it was trying to pry itself from her scalp. Her hair was a dark brown and grey that had begun to take over, which she didn't bother to color over. Mrs. Delgruff scooted out of my room and into the hallway.
_____
Mrs. Delgruff's voice appeared on the intercom,

"Everyone please report immediately to the lounge. Thank you." I quickly slipped on my sandals and ran down the spiraling stairs. Once I got to the room I sat down in the first row along with the other girls my age.
I look up from picking at my black nail polish to see Lana Parrilla staring at me! Me! She was standing next to the podium in a dress that was magnificent. It was a sequined white top that stopped just before her hips, a blue the color of the darkest depths of the ocean finished the dress. It was beautiful. When I snapped back to reality I realized she was still staring at me. I smiled lightly and waved a little before looking down.
Mrs. Delgruff cleared her throat in an attempt to gather everyone's attention.

"Afternoon girls, today we have our very own, Miss Lana Parrilla here today to hopefully adopt one of you young ladies. Miss Parrilla will be walking around and getting to know each and everyone of you so please, be patient. Thank you." Lana began walking around, learning girls names. Then she made her way to me.

"Hi. You obviously know my name, you just heard it. But I don't know yours.. Why don't we start with you telling me a little bit about yourself." I nodded, my voice was shaky,

"My name is Rachel. Rachel Barnard. I'm fifteen years old. So, I doubt anyone would adopt me this late." I chuckled lightly.

Lana gave me a sympathetic look, and grabbed my hand softly.

After about twenty minutes of talking Lana smiled at me.

"Would you want to come home with me?"

"I.. Um.. Yes!" I said. "Thank you, Lana!"
_________
Yay! Chapter 2! Hehe. Enjoy.

-LeAnna