Eight

"Rachel?"

"Yeah, what?"

"Look, uhm, I have to go."

"But why?" I asked him standing up with him.

"I have things to do."

"Oh.. Okay, well I guess I'll see you later."

He kissed me on the forehead and left quietly. This whole morning went by in a fast blur.

Lana probably wouldn't be home for another half hour, she was grocery shopping. I went upstairs and changed into joggers and a loose t-shirt. I shuffled down the stairs and to the kitchen to make myself a huge bowl of macaroni. As I was putting away the dishes I heard a car pull up - Lana's car. I walked to the couch with my food and started surfing through Netflix. I clicked on a show called Lost, and started the first episode. Within the first few minutes Lana walked in, I heard the clicking of heels, then silence.

"I thought Daniel was coming over?"

"He left." I said shrugging my shoulders.
I turned around and Lana stood still starting at me.

"What?" I asked.

She looked at me, then to the door. She quickly slammed it shut and grabbed her few bags and angrily stormed to the kitchen.

"When did Daniel leave?"

I shoved noodles in my mouth and ignored her. After watching a few more episodes of Lost, my phone buzzed. I looked at who was calling me and swiped to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey, babe!"

"What now, Daniel?"

"Rude."

"I'm rude? Yeah, don't be so butthurt about it, Daniel." I crowed.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing."

"I miss you."

"I miss you, too. I can bring you coffee when I get off later if you want."

"Coffee sounds great!" I smiled.

"Okay, I'll see you later then. I love you."

"I love you more."

I smiled and hung up.