Sixteen

Vancouver was absolutely beautiful. As we got off the plane I stopped in the middle of the aisle.

"Rachel, moooooove!" Lana said. She rammed her head in between my shoulder blades and pushed me forward.

"Oh, fuck you!" I said as I almost tripped getting off. I felt strong arms catch me.

"You okay?" A voice asked. I turned around to see a boy who looked maybe a year older than me.

"Thank you,..."

"Jared, and you're welcome." He said politely.

"Well, hi, Jared. I'm Rachel."

"Pretty name for a pretty girl." He said. He winked and grabbed his suitcase and walked away.
I blushed as I bent down to pick up my purse and rolling suitcase.

"Somebody has a crush!" Ginnifer squealed. I had gotten to know everyone pretty well during the flight.

"Somebody named Rachel has a boyfriend!" I said back.

"Rachel, when's your birthday?" Lana asked. "I completely forgot."

"Today is July 26th, right?" I asked.

"Yes." Lana responded.
I thought for a moment.

"Thirteen days." I said. I was turning fifteen in thirteen days.

"Shit!" Lana yelled, and we all burst into a laughter.

"It doesn't have to be anything special. After my parents died I only had like three birthday parties."

"That's so sad!" Ginnifer said. I just shrugged. I was used to it.

"We're having the biggest party! It'll make up for the four parties you missed!" Jennifer squealed. As we were standing a little further away from the plane waiting for everyone else my phone rang. It was Daniel.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, babygirl." He greeted.
I smiled at his nickname for me.

"I just got off the plane. We can FaceTime when we get to the hotel?" I offered.

"Who's we?" He asked protectively.

"My mom and some of her co-workers."

"Okay.. Yeah. Stay safe. I love you." And then the line went silent. He hung up before I could respond.

"Love you, too.." I said to myself as I locked my phone.

"What's wrong?" Lana asked.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I said.

"Nope, you're lying. What's up?"

"I'll tell you later, chill." I said.

"I don't like this new teenage attitude. Watch how you talk to me." Lana snapped. I turned the other way and stared at the pavement. Was Vancouver going to really be fun at all?
__________________
Sorry if it sucks. I wrote this while being half asleep so.. I just took my pill and it's hard to keep my eyes open. 26 days till Christmas!

-LeAnna