14 | Lost Memories

"Nufufufu~ This would do perfectly on KarHaru Chapter..." I heard a familiar giggle.

I smirked and put my hand in my pocket and pressed the button.

SMACK!

BANG!

"WHAT?!"

This was the shout of Koro-sensei and the thought of mine.

I immediately pushed Karma away and shouted, "What is your problem?"

"Hmm... That was not so bad was it, Haru-Haru?" Karma asked.

Haru-Haru...? Only one person called me that...

"Oops, that accidentally slipped," Karma said playfully.

"Karma-kun... Who exactly are you?" I asked.

He smiled innocently and replied, "I am Karma. Who else might I be?"

"Have we... met before?" I asked.

"Do you remember me from somewhere?" Karma asked.

Do... I? I don't know... My past seems fuzzy for some reason, all I remember is killing, lessons and Chihari. How was my life like before all this? I don't remember...

"I don't want to remember!"

Eh? That sounded like me when I was younger, but what could it be that I wanted to forget?

Is it all right to remember?

I like to remember even if it is just a little...

I closed my eyes as my head started to spin.

+++

~flashback~

THIRD PERSON POV

"Hari-chan, where did you go?" the soon-to-be-five-year-old Chiharu shouted as she walked around looking for her twin sister.

They were at the funeral of their late grandmother. Chihari and their grandmother were really close so she ran off after hearing her cruel parents' remarks of the late grandmother, saying how useless she was as an assassin and such.

Chiharu was looking for her sister, she too, did not like how her parents treated their grandmother, but she knew better than to start crying about it. Crying was a sign of being weak and it was something not tolerated in the Muramoto Family. The Muramoto Family are a family of Assassins, every member of the family was to become an assassin after their fifth birthday.

Chiharu sighed and decided to climb a tree to get a better view of where her crying sister was. As she climbed up, she gripped on the tree and did not dare to look down. She grabbed the branch and stood on it, holding the bark of the tree. However, she still could not spot her sister. She sighed and decided to get down, but as she tried to move back to the bark, she accidentally glanced down and freaked out, causing her to lose her balance and fall. She immediately grabbed onto the branch when she fell and now, she was hanging from the branch like her life depended on it.

What should I do? If I call out for help, pa pa and ma ma will hear me and scold me... But I don't want to fall... What should I do?! The young Chiharu cried as she thought. Her heart beating as fast as a bullet train and her hand starting to feel the strain.

"Oi, what are you doing up there?" an unfamiliar childish male voice asked.

"I-I can't get down..." She cried.

"Let go, I will catch you," the male voice suggested.

"L-Let go? I-I can't!"

However, unknown to the young girl, the branch was already starting to crack because of the weight it was forced to carry.