36 | Sickness

The assassination ended with a failure. The students 3-E headed back to the resort and rested at the outdoor lounge. They were rather tired from the assassination and they were all pretty depressed about the failure.

"Man, I'm beat..." Maehara sighed as he stared up to the ceiling.

"Should we just go back to our rooms and rest? I don't have any energy left to do anything else..." Mimura asked.

"You're right. Tomorrow, I'm going to take my time to enjoy watching the girls in their swimsuits. No matter how tired I am, I'll make sure to bleed out my nose with everything I got," Okaijima said with a perverted grin.

"What's wrong with you guys, getting depressed after failing once? We did everything we planned to do so let's just kick back tomorrow," Terasaka asked in an annoyed tone.

Something's odd... No matter how you look at it... Everyone is way too tired. Nagisa thought as he stared at his tired classmates.

"Hey Nagisa-kun... Can I lean on your shoulder for a bit...?" Nakamura called out as he walked towards Nagisa, but she toppled and crashed against the side of the stairway. "I wanna hurry up to my room and get changed already but... My body won't move at all..." Nakamura was sweating a lot and her face was red.

"Nakamura-san!" Nagisa panic and touched her forehead. "You're burning up!

"Man... Just from thinking about it..." Okaijima said. "My nose..." There was nose spurting out of his nose. He grabbed his nose with his hand, in hope to make it stop.

Nagisa glanced around the lounge, everyone was acting ill. Karasuma immediately went to ask for a doctor from the reception, however Okinawa was a rather small island so they only had a small clinic and the doctor returns to another island at night. They would have to wait until the next day for the doctor to return.

Karasuma's cell phone rang. It was a restricted number. He pick it up reluctantly. A disguised voice spoke to him. "Hey there, teach. Looks like your cute little students are suffering quite a bit."

"Who is this?" Karasuma asked. "Are you the one behind this?"

"Kukuku," the disguised voice replied. "You're intuition's not bad lately teach. It's an artificially produced virus. It's not very infectious, but if it does infect you, it's over... The incubation period and development of symptoms can be different for each individual, but after a week, every cell in your entire body will be stunted and you'll soon be dead. Sorry to tell you this, but there's only one cure, and unfortunately, I'm the only one that carries it. It would be a pain to go give it to you, so... Won't you come here and get it yourself? You see the hotel on the mountain top, right? As or a present, you can bring me the bounty in that bag. From the looks of things, it seems like half the class has been infected. Fufufu, not bad, not bad."

"I'm going to ask you one more time. Who are you?" Karasuma asked.

"It doesn't matter who I am. Those kids aren't the only ones who are aiming for the 10 billion bounty. I can blow up the antidote with the press of a button. if you don;t keep us happy, the infected people won't be saved," he replied.

"It seems you've thought this through..." Karasuma said.

"This plan was built on the assumption of a situation where that octopus wouldn't be able to move. Now that he can't move, all more the reason for us to do as we please," the disguised man replied. "The Fukumajima Palace Hotel on the mountaintop. The top floor. Come here with the bounty in hand within an hour. but you know teach, you seem pretty skilled, so you might be kinda dangerous, huh? Let's see... Among the students that can move, have the shortest boy and girl bring it here. The front desk already knows the situation. If you come here obediently, we can trade the bounty and the antidote without a hitch. But if you contact anyone n the outside or if you're late by even a second. I'll destroy the antidote immediately. You did well to corner that guy enough to make him incapable of moving. I have to thank you. It's as if the heavens were on our side."

The man finally hung up. Karasuma gritted his teeth in annoyance. He never imagined that an outsider would come into the picture.

+++

CHIHARU'S POV

"That was perfect," the man I am working for said. I glared daggers at the man. Never in my life did I ever thought I ever despised my job this much. I was working for the man who harmed my classmates. Takaoka Akira! "Don't you agree, Muramoto-san?"

I do not reply. This man had contacted my parents asking for an assassin. They were too busy with their work so they sent me to work for him. This man had forced me to give out information about my classmates. I am not allowed to disobey, if not he will tell my parents that I did not do a good job and I will probably be punished. He would also torture me until I speak. I had no choice...

I stayed in my room as I wait for my orders. He never told me the plan in case I would inform my classmates about it. The other assassins refused to tell me as well. I wish I could at least see what's happening. I laid on my bed as I sighed relentlessly. The orders to me was to not intrude on the mission until I was called. Perhaps I could wander around the hotel for a bit.

I got up from my bed and headed out the door. Just down the hallway, I caught heard a loud crack. Curious, I went and checked it out.

"You use 'nu' a lot, don't you, old man?" I heard a familiar voice ask as I got closer to the source. When I got there, I hid behind a door and peeped through. Almost my whole class was there. They were facing off Grip.

"I heard that if you add 'Nu', it gives your speech a samurai's tone. I thought it would sound cool so I tried it nu," Grip replied.

So that's why he has been using that term...

Grip cracked his knuckles and said. "If not that's fine too nu. If I kill everyone here and use the 'nu'. It won't be embarrassing nu."

"Bare hands... Is that your assassination tool?" Koro-sensei asked.

"There's actually a high demand for this nu. It's a huge plus not being caught during a body search nu," Grip replied. "Once I get close, I just readjust their cervical vertebrae. If I felt like it, I could crush their skull too. But it's interesting nu. The more I forged my powers for killing. the more I want to test it put on things other than assassinations. In other words, battle. A death match with a strong opponent. But I'm disappointed nu. With this sad view in front of me, I lost my will to test out anything. It's a pain in the ass to kill even one runt. I'll call my boss and pal to kill you all nu."

I sighed in relief. Grip was pretty powerful, thank god they did not have to face him. Then I heard a louder smash. Seriously, what is with this hotel's security, no one has heard this go on?

I looked up and saw Karma holding onto a potted plant in front of Grip. "Hey, old man nu. For a pro, yo seem like a pretty normal guy. If it's just glass or a skull I could break it too. But wait, the way you're so quick to call your buddies. Are you afraid to go one on one with a middle school kid?"

Crap, I can't have Karma die at the hands of someone who ain't me, but I cannot butt in either.

"There's no way I die at the hands of you anyway, so why don't we?" Karma asked.

Was that directed at me? What is with this coincidence?

"All right then. Let's test it out," Grip replied.

A/N: Hey guys, I have been pretty addicted to Bungou Stray Dogs recently and I am considering writing a fanfiction or two on it. Specifically a Chuuya X OC and Dazai X OC fanfic. The two of them will follow the same timeline so that would be pretty interesting. Anyone interested? I already have a story plot all done up. Should I finish writing the chapter 1s and publish them? I am kind of hesitant as next year will be a pretty busy year for me and I plan to stop all writing by the end of 2017 as I have a really important exam to study for in 2018. Should I still do it?