31 | Lies

CHIHARU'S POV

I gasped out water and they all just came flowing out. My breathing was slowly coming back to normal. My vision cleared and I saw my classmates all staring at me with a worried expression on their face. I tried recalling what I last remember.

If I am not wrong, the water enveloped me and I lost control of my body. Theater gushed into my mouth as I was struggling to keep float. So I drowned... That means...

I felt the heat rise up to my cheeks as I touched my lips.

Someone did CPR on me...

"Haru-Haru, are you okay? You are really red," Karma asked in a worried tone and touched my forehead.

He's so close! Did he? Ugh... I wish he stop... He is my target, he should not be helping me.

"Crap, you are burning!" He cursed and carried me up on his back before I could react.

"I can kill you, you know?" I muttered and reached down to get my gun, but it was not there.

"How can you kill me when Koro-sensei has got your gun?" He laughed. I bit my lip, "Tch. I will kill you next time..."

"Sure Haru-Haru, you keep saying that, but you never will, you can't kill me," he replied.

"Oh? What makes you think that?" I asked. This guy is totally underestimating me. How annoying...

"Because, you have fallen for me," he replied confidentially.

"I don't understand why you are so persistent with this 'I love you' theory, but I don't and I never will," I rejected him. I glanced to him, his expression did not change. How could he remain so calm?  I hate how he thinks he still has a chance with me... I swear I will kill him... But first.... "Let me off. I can walk on my own..."

He did not comply to my request and continued carrying me, walking towards the school. I gritted my teeth and hit my head against his. This made him jerk in front and drop me in shock. I fell onto the ground with a loud thud.

"Ow... Why did you do that for?" Karma asked and stretched out his hand to help me up. I ignored his help and got up myself. He glared at me and I glared back, muttering out, "What?"

He stepped towards me and pushed me against a tree. "I wish you stop being so stubborn. Can't you see how much you make me worry? I thought I was going to lose you."

"Lose me? I'd be happy if I died. If a souless, sinful murderer like me died, everything would be perfect! I have been prepared to lose ever since I was born! A heartless assassin like me do not have friends! Does not love and does not care!" I shouted. Ah... What lies I am spouting... Believe in them please Karma... Stay away from me. Let me go back to who I used to be. Heartless. Cold-hearted. Emotionless. Killer.

Karma stared into my eyes, then what came was not within my calculations. He lift his hand up and it headed for my face. I anticipated a slap at the very least, but instead it landed on my head. "Chiharu, you ae not a heartless murderer. I have seen you. You don't kill because you want to. You are kind."

No, I am not.

"You are capable of feeling."

No...

"You are a part of 3-E and you are friends with practically everyone."

...

That's exactly the opposite of what I should be. As an assassin of the Muramoto family should never be kind, be merciless and most importantly, have friends. Have I gotten too close to these classmates...? This is bad... I should do something about this...

"Karma. Move out of my way," I said.

"No." Isn't he the stubborn one? Whatever. I will make this the last time he can push me like this. The exams are approaching, aren't they? I will kill that octopus along with Karma. Now that I think of it... didn't mother set a deadline for the octopus's death? By summer... Or I have to leave 3-E.

+++

"Nurufufufu. Through out the semester, you've all gotten a stronger grasp of the basics. At this rate, you can expect your grades on the finals to jump considerably," Koro-sensei said. He had as sit in the field to study as his duplicates teach us

"Koro-sensei, are we all aiming to get into the top 50 again this time?" Nagisa asked.

"Nope. Last time, sensei was only worrying about your composite scores. Each student should have a goal suited to him or herself," Koro-sensei replied.

A goal... I stared at him and sighed. I did not have much to study since I practically went ahead to study almost everything that would be tested in middle school. I just have to look over them the day before and it should be all right... Except for math... Which was what I was studying right now under Koro-sensei's guidance.

Koro-sensei continued, "So this time... I have created the perfect objective for this assassination classroom! Don't worry! It's an objective that will even give Terasaka-kun an opportunity!" He grabbed a gun.

"Now then, as Shiro-san mention. Losing tentacles makes me move slower." He shot one of his tentacles. Some of his duplicates became a lot smaller.

His duplicates could actually shrink like that?!

"Even if they're only decreased by one. It has a clear effect. Take a look, if you would. I am unable to maintain all of my duplicates so there end up being some child-sized ones mixed in. Furthermore, when the number is decreased by one more." He shot another tentacle and the duplicates started playing a family scenario with a lot of children. "Take a look, the child duplicates increase all the more and the parent duplicates worry over how their household will manage."

This has kinda gotten painful....

"Decrease it yet another and the father duplicate vanishes into thin air. The mother duplicate is then forced to both work and raise the children by herself.

That's just depressing!

"I've tested it a variety of ways and this is the result. Each tentacle loss reduces my movements about 20%! And that brings us back to your tests. Last time, you were assessed by your composite scores. This time, you will all be evaluated by your strongest subject as well. On the return of your exam papers, I will allow you to destroy one tentacle for each subject where you score the top in your grade. I'm sure you can see that this is a huge opportunity for you. If you take the top spots in composite score and all five subjects, you'll be able to destroy  6 tentacles. This is our assassination classroom's end of term exam. Whether this will bring you all closer to the reward of 10 billion... is dependent on your results."

This might just work in my favor... If I managed to get the top 10 for every subject... I will leave 3-E.