28 | Potential

They were on the losing end. I could not bear to watch. I stared at the ground solemnly.

"Hey, isn't this unfair, board chairman?" I heard Karma's voice. He was taunting the board chairman. I looked up out of curiosity. "You're defending by getting in the way like this and yet the umpire isn't paying one bit of attention to it. Don't the rest of you find that strange? Oh, that's right~ You're all idiots, so stuff about defensive positions just goes right over your heads."

The students in the stands started to shout their complaints.

What are you trying to do Karma?

The difficulty in the game was simply increasing. It was turning into hell on the field. I averted my eyes away from the horror instead.

"Haru-Haru! If you are scared, keep your eyes on me at least!" I heard Karma shout at me. I looked up towards him. He was standing extremely close to the batter. He could not make the first swing, but he made the second one. Karma managed to catch it and threw it at Nagisa. The third base runner was out. Then, the second base runner was out. Lastly, the batter was out. It was a triple play.

Class E won!

"They did it!"

"You guys are awesome!"

They won...

"Haru-chan isn't that great? Now you can stay in 3E!" Kaede said. "Haru-chan? Are you crying?"

Huh? I touched my cheek and realized it was wet. I wiped it away and smiled. "I am just so happy... I don't know why I am crying."

"Kawaii!" Kurahashi exclaimed and hugged me. "It's all right Haru-chan! We will never hand you over to Class A!"

"Thank you... Thank you guys so much," I replied.

+++

"So you cried I heard. I wish I could have seen it."

I almost choked on my drink, my heart skipped a beat. The red haired male sat next to me after his game, soaked in sweat.

"G-Great game," I commented. He chuckled and asked, "No reward for winning?"

"Uh... What reward?" I questioned. "Good job?" I immediately regret not walking away when I had the chance.

He pushed me against the wall, his two hands next to my head. Then, he leaned in and kissed me again. The third time! Then, he walked away.

"How many kisses do you want to steal?!" I shouted.

"All of them," he turned around and replied with a smirk. My heart could only beat faster as he walked away.

Stupid Karma! Stupid heart! Stop beating so furiously!

"That was Karma, wasn't it?" I heard another annoying voice behind me. Karma was already gone, so it could only mean.

"Asano, did you see?" I asked, slightly embarrassed.

"The whole thing from the start? Yes," Asano replied. I turned around and smirked, "Well, at least you won't be seeing me anymore after this." At least I hope.

"How could you let Karma kiss you though?" Asano asked, glaring at me. He seemed pissed.

"I never let him, he just does, it's annoying," I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"You really love that class huh," Asano commented. "Nothing I do will get you back to Class A?"

"Nope, 3E is where I belong. I am never going back to that rotten main campus," I replied. "If that's all. I am leaving."