19 | New Target

Once the bell rang, I walked out of the class, hoping no one will notice. However, my hopes were simply too high.

"Oi! Haru-Haru! Where are you going?" the familiar irritating voice that I cannot seem to get away from me every day asked.

I ignored him and continued walking at a faster pace. I continued this until I reached the road and a car drove in front of me. I stumbled back, then I noticed who was seated in the driver's seat. The driver came out and greeted, "Hime-sama, your ride home."

"Jax, I told you not to call me that," I sighed in annoyance. Everyone around us were staring too and gossiping about me. "This better be worth it." I sat at the back and sighed.

"Hey, may I see Haru-Haru?" I heard someone ask Jax.

"My apologies. Hime-sama is in a hurry to meet her parents," Jax replied.

Who said I was. My parents are the last people I want to see.

I glanced out the window and saw Karma talking to Jax. I sighed, why is he so persistent to see me though...

I unwind the window and called out, "It's okay Jax, I can risk a few minutes..."

"Are you sure? Your parents dislikes tardiness," Jax asked and scratched the back of his head.

"Yeah, it should be okay. It's not like their actions surprise me anymore," I sighed and Jax got out of the way. "Karma, what do you want?"

"Wow, is he your bodyguard or something?" He asked with a smile that spelled 'mischief'.

"Jax is not a bodyguard, he is just a worker for my family," I replied. "What did you want?"

"Can I come along?" He asked.

"No." There was nothing else to it. My parents would kill Karma without giving any mercy. Just like they did to Snow...

"Eh... Why?" He asked and pouted.

I refused to answer him as I knew the outcome of this silly quarrel. I returned back to my seat at the back of the car and signaled Jax to drive, leaving the red haired boy in the dust.

+++

"Your parents are waiting for you inside," Jax said as he parked the car outside the house.

"All right," I sighed and entered the building. I passed through the garden. To my surprise, my parents were not found at the door of the house. I gulped and opened the door. Darkness greeted me. I walked in slowly, keeping a straight face on. There was this uneasy feeling in my stomach, but I shook it off by grabbing my gun, hidden in my pocket.

Bang!

It was soft, but I heard it correctly, someone fired a gun. From the source of the sound, I could tell it came from my left. I immediately took out my gun and shot the bullet at where I knew it would be. I fired by instinct, such situations were inevitable.

A room of complete darkness and an almost silent gun. If someone was to fire a gun in such situations. Their vision in the dark must be good and they cannot miss because once they do, their position would be discovered and their hopes of winning drops. That's why, they would shoot at the humans most vital points, the heart or the back. The heart, if they wished for an instant kill. The back, if they wished to paralyze their victim.

It would be hard to fire at my back since my back is against the wall, so whoever shot it, would probably shoot at my heart. That's why, I fired at where my heart is.

A screeching sound could be heard then a bullet shot past me, onto the wall.

The lights switched on and I found myself cornered by seven armed man. They were servants of my family and expert fighters.

I see... This is a test...

I scanned the room, there were limited places to hide, but if I can knock the guns out of their hands I should be fine. After they lose their guns, they would probably go for close contact, so I should try and paralyze them.

I hid behind the sofa when they started shooting. I loaded my gun and closed my eyes, listening to the sounds of the bullets being shot. There was bound to be a time when they run out of bullets, so I will shoot when they reload. The guns they were using took time to reload, however their fire speed is incredible. I just have to be patient and try to use as little bullets as possible. Since it was after school, half of my magazines were filled BBs.

It struck me.

That's it! BBs are supposedly not dangerous to humans, however they can still hurt them in close range. I can hurt them, but not kill them. Also, if I use the right speed, they can bounce like rubber.

BANG!

The guns knocked off their hands one by one and they came charging at me. Taking advantage of my small size, I squeezed in between them and ran behind them, shooting their backs and paralyzing them with paralyze bullets.

"Is that it?" I muttered. In a split second, I felt a bullet pierce through me and I fell to the ground, unable to move.

What the...

I counted the number of servants I shot.

Only six? So the seventh didn't charge at me? Crap, I miscalculated.

"Good job getting this far, Chiharu," a voice boomed.

"Pa... Pa..." I muttered.

"You are no daughter of mine!" He shouted and kicked me in my stomach. I coughed out blood and winced. I grabbed my stomach and got up slowly.

"S... Sorry..." I replied.

"You couldn't even beat mere servants. How do you expect to beat me?" He asked, taunting me.

"I am too weak to beat someone as superior as you," I replied.

"Of course, you are. I got a job, but I think the requester was underestimating me so I will give it to someone as weak as you," he said.

"What's the job?" I asked.

"To assassinate the heir of the Akabane Family, Akabane Karma," he replied.

Karma...-kun?

"I... Understand..." I replied and left.

+++

"Ne, Haru-Haru. Where have you been?" The red haired idiot asked when I got to the gate of my house.

I immediately took my gun out and pointed it at his face. "Don't talk to me like that."

The 'happy' little fantasy dream was going to end.