30 | Where is Haru-Haru?

I felt someone's lips on mine, but I could not open my eyes. My body felt strange... Like I was running out of air. My lungs felt so tight, I could not breathe right. It felt like something was stuck.

What happening?

+++

KARMA'S POV

"What's going on?" I asked when I saw what happened to the pool. "If there was an explosion, the pool was bound to disappear but..."

"I didn't know about any of this..." I heard Terasaka say. "They told me something completely different... I only heard that it would call Itona out and he'd push trhat octopus into the water...

"So that's it huh... This wasn't a plan you came up with on your own. Basically, those two completely used you," I said.

But where is Haru-Haru?

Terasake grabbed my collar and shouted. "I'm telling you, this ain't my fault Karma! The ones who set this thing up are the real bad guys! And everyone getting carried away by the water, it's all because of them..."

I punched his face out of annoyance and anger.

Haru-Haru was being swept away. How can I stay calm?!

"It's a good thing the target moves at Mach 20 speed. If he didn't, you'd be guilty of mass murder. The guys in class weren't the ones who got carried away, you were. If you got time to point fingers... Then how about using your head to figure out what you want to do about it?"

I walked off to the cliff where everyone who was saved was.

"Where's Haru-Haru?" I asked angrily.

"We are trying to spot her in the rushing water, but for some reason we can't spot her anywhere! We think she may be in deeper waters," Nagisa replied.

I gritted my teeth and scan the waters for her.

Where are you Haru-Haru?

Itona grabbed Koro-sensei into the waters and he was drenched in the water.

"There you go just as I'd predicted," Shiro said. "It's been a while, Koro-sensei. By the way, what you have absorbed isn't merely water. There is an ingredient mixed in which weakens your tentacles' movement. We had that boy add it in upstream beforehand. I have made far more calculations than I had previously There are other things as well, but once you fight, you'll see what I mean right away."

"Come brother. Let's once again determine which of us is the strongest," Itona said.

"By decreasing the number of tentacles, both power and speed are concentrated into those remaining. They're so easy to handle that even the simplest of children could do it," Shiro stated. "On the other hand, your entire body is soaked and your movements have grown increasingly duller. It is only a matter of time until your 'heart' s destroyed as well."

"Seriously? So they're the ones who set up that explosion," Okaijima said.

"Still, I get the feeling they are overpowering him way too much. He can manage with only that much water as a handicap, can't he?" Kataoka asked.

"It's not just cause the water," Terasaka replied. "The reason why he can't go full power is because he rescused you guys. Take a look above him."

Above him was Hara-san hugging the loose tree branch for her dear life and a few other students sitting on the rocks. But Haru-Haru was not there... I gritted my teeth in anger and clenched my fist.

Where the hell are you Haru-Haru?!

"The place he left them is within tentacles' attack range! Hara-san, whose chubbiness is her selling point, looks like she'll fall any second. Since he's paying attention to their safety, it's from preventing him from concentrating even more. The Shiro bastard probably calculated things that far ahead. What a terrifying guy," Terasaka continued.