29 | Pool

"So hot..." I sighed, fanning myself with the textbook. Reasons why I hate Summer, number one, the sun, number two, the heat, number three, the sweat. The main campus classrooms had air condition, so it was never a bother, but not in 3E so it really annoys me.

"But the pool opens today, right?" Kurahashi asked, trying to cheer everyone up. "I'm really looking forward to PE."

"Nah... That pool would be hell for us in Class E," Kimura said. "The pool's  only in the main building anyway, so we'd have to make a 1 Km round trip along the mountain road under the blazing sun. People call it the 'Class E pool death march'. In particular, when we climb back up the mountain after wearing ourselves out at the pool... Without any strength, all we can do is become food for the crows."

"Ugh... C'mon carry us to the main building, Koro-sensei," Maehara saighed.

"Geez, guess there's no helping it..." Koro-sensei said. The words were like melody to my ears, then I remembered the trip to Hawaii and almost felt like hurling. "Is what I'd like to say, but you can't rely on sensei's speed! There are plenty of things that can't be done even with mach 20 speed!"

"True that..."

"Still I understand how you feel. Oh well, all of you change into swimsuits and there's a small stream nearby, along the other side of the mountain, right? Let's go there and cool off," Koro-sensei said. I sighed as we all got up and headed to the locker room.

+++

"Haru-Haru, I can't wait to see you in your swimsuit. His words sent chills down my spine. The swimsuit I was wearing was the normal school one. There was not really much and my body was perfect for me to move around quickly too. Yet, why does it make me so insecure with my body?

We were walking down the mountain to the stream. It was nothing much, but good enough to cool off a bit.

"All right, we're here!" Koro-sensei said. "Behold!" He moved the bushes to let us view the stream and we gasped at the magnificence of the stream. No, it was even better than that, even better than the pool in the main campus.

"A pool I made especially for Class E!" We all ripped off our gym uniforms and dived into the pool. The cold water washed off the heat perfectly. I never felt so refreshed.

"Haru-Haru~" Karma called my name and splashed some water at me. I used my hand my block it, then splashing back at him. We had quite some fun while cooling off from the summer heat.

"Kimura-kun! No running at the poolside!" Koro-sensei shouted. "You could trip and hurt yourself!"

"Oh, s-sorry."

"Hara-san, Nakamura-san! Watch the breath-holding! If you stay under too long, how will we know you haven't drowned? Okajima-kun, I'm confiscating that camera! Hazama-san, don't just read all day! Swim!"

What a fusspot...

"I've heard of these... You know, people who act like royalty in their own domain."

"Yeah... It sorta puts a damper on all our gratitude."

"My elaborate plan makes the most of the natural surroundings, from the scenery to the design," Koro-sensei complimented himself. "It must be enjoyed in an orderly fashion!"

"Aw, don't be such a stick in the mud Koro-sensei!" Kurahashi said. "Have a splash!" Then, she splashed some water at Korosensei and he flinched in fear. "What was that scream?"

Karma grabbed the chair Koro-sensei was on and shaked it, trying to make him fall into the pool.

"Karma-kun! Stop that! I'll fall in! I'm going to fall! Do you hear me?! I'll fall in! Please!" After a while, Karma sighed and stopped. Koro-sensei was panting in relief.