Chapter 26

During dinner, there were only silence. Only the sound of wind blew through each of them. No one dares to made a sound. King Thranduil just watched her actions. He stared at Sabriel with full of unknown emotions. 

"Are you just going to stare at me and not eating the food that we serve?" questioned Sabriel.

"Apologies. I have no intention on doing it ." said King Thranduil.

They all continued eating. After the food , then came desserts. One of the defense advisor came in.

"My Lady Sabriel. You have a letter." said the advisor. "It's from the Western borders chief. He told me that the guards in the Western border are not enough due to the number of attack by the rogue wolves."

"Very well."said Sabriel.

She dismissed the advisor and opened the letter. It says :

My lady,

Our numbers of guards in The Western border grew less due to the attacks of the rouge wolves in the forest. These rogue wolves are not ordinary wolves. They are mutated and it become bigger than before. The forest grew darker and darker every hour. Please do help us to overcome the situation. Death occur alot. It's cold every second. The number of food decrease and the number of death increase. A rumor had I heard from far saying that the witch is coming back and will take down one by one. Do take action as soon as possible.

-Chief of Western Border-

Sabriel read through and think through.

"What is it, Sabriel? " asked King Hrivë.
"Nothing, Father." said Sabriel, lost in thoughts. "Father, I would like to be excuse. Galasdir and Kristen, you will have to follow me. "
"What is it, Sabriel? " asked Galasdir.

Sabriel glared at him and left the dining hall and went into the library. The librarians left and closer the door.

"Sabriel... " said Galasdir.
"What are you doing? " asked Sabriel angrily.
"What we did? " asked Kristen.
"Kristen. Galasdir. Tell me. Why do you hide this from me? Am I not your friend? " questioned Sabriel, throwing a letter to them.
"Sabriel, we do not meant to do this. If we told you a long time, I believe out friendship will break." said Galasdir.
"You do not need to look over the future of us for it is already break. " said Sabriel coldly.
"Sabriel, please don't do this. " said Kristen.
"Kristen, all along I treated you as a friend and I have learned not to trust a person who betrayed it's kind. You all are one of them. I have regret to make friends with you. " said Sabriel.
"Sabriel, please! Don't break the friendship between us. You cannot survive this task alone." said Kristen.

"Just give us a chance. We will change, alright?" asked Galasdir.

Sabriel took a deep breath and let it out . 

"Alright. I forgive you this time. Do not ever repeat the same thing again." said Sabriel.

"Alright." said the two.

"So,tell me,what did you two did in town?" asked Sabriel.

"We......went to visit Sir Avalvan. " said Kristen.

"What for?" asked Sabriel.

"Well, my bow broke during my training and Kristen highly recommended me to the famous workshop in this kingdom." lied Galasdir.