Chapter 30

Sabriel went away to her room and banged the door closed. She was too confused and why would Galasdir choose her?

'Is just that I am engaged to his father but how am I to overcome this?' thought Sabriel.

Within those days, she was ignoring Galasdir. She put her friends aside and focused on her kingdom. The numbers of attacks increased in the North for there were no leader. Sabriel had no choice but to send her cousin, Mascda of The Southern Island. He agreed to be the leader of the North site. At least. they were willing to cooperate.

While they are in the library, Sabriel and the advisors were discussing about finance problems. Prince Ethil voiced out his opinion. Sabriel was too tired to argue with him about the consequence. But still,she stands her ground firmly.

"My lady? My lady?" called Adviser Avan.

"Yes,Avan?" asked Sabriel.

"Well, you seems absent-minded. Would you mind to take a rest,my lady?" asked Prince Ethil.

"I would like to but I can't for the meeting is still going on." said Sabriel,sighing.

"Very well. The Eastern Village was requesting for more food." said Adviser Renda.

"Well,send a few people to send supplies to the Eastern Village." said Sariel.

"My lady, there is a letter. It is about the war. Mirkwood requested for aid. What will you say?" asked Adviser Thalion.

"For that, give me a few days. Anymore?" asked Sabriel.

"The war is coming. My lady, perhaps the training of the soldiers must start from now on." said Gladiolus.

"Yes, Captain. Follow the plan. " said Sabriel. "I believe this council ends."

The fellow advisors went and Sabriel went to her room and do some paperworks. She was really stress out. She then looked at the letter of Mirkwood. Her mind will not be calm if she did not read the letter soon. She sighed and opened the letter. It says:

Dear Lady Sabriel,

I am indeed need your aid to ride a battle in war. Mirkwood is the target as the numbers of death rise dramatically. A note was left by one of the Asgenation saying that Mirkwood will fall and everything will die. Please do aid us for we need great assistance we can get from our allies. Please do reply back immediately.

Sincerely,

Legolas Greenleaf

Sabriel thought twice and about an hour of thinking her mind was blank. No words no ideas just blank. Then, with her final decision, she decided to help them. She reported this matter to her father and he agreed with her decision. She then went to her friends.

"Hello, friends." said Sabriel.

"Sabriel! We missed you." hugged the hobbits.

"Where have you been?" asked Galasdir.

"Well, I am been busy. By the way, I am here to tell you that I am going to war." said Sabriel.

"What?!" exclaimed her friends.

"Yes. Father's order." said Sabriel.

"Where?" asked Wizzle.

"In Mirkwood. " said Sabriel.

"Why would you war with my father?" asked Galasdir.

"I wasn't fighting against them. I am helping them. Allies." said Sabriel.

"Oh..." said Kristen and Anderson.

"So, you guys want to join?" asked Sabriel.

"DEFINITELY!" said all of her friends.

Galasdir was glaring at her. He then whispered to her that send chills down to her spine. "We need to talk. " He dragged her out to the Willow Tree Garden. She then yanked her hand.

"Why do you agree?" asked Galasdir,in anger.

"It is not your decision to make." sneered Sabriel.

"It is mine as well. You are going to get yourself kill in the battlefield." said Galasdir. Sabriel continued to glare at him. "Is it because of my father?"

"No! I did it to maintain the kingdom's reputation. I cannot bear the second time to see it fall again. " said Sabriel coldly.

"But it will fall if you go. " said Galasdir.

"DO NOT CRITICIZED MY KINGDOM. I suggest you watch your tongue, Galasdir Thranduilion. " hissed Sabriel. "You are not in charge here. "

She pushed Galasdir a side and left to prepare her troops and herself.

_________________________________

Days passed, the army of the White Kingdom is ready. About 3000 men had been chosen to aid this mission. While the other 10 thousand was left behind to protect the kingdom. Sabriel stood out in her battle outfit. The outfit is similar to her hunting cloths. She wore a hat with a feather. She had a silver maple leaf pinned up her cloak. Her father was to join this expedition as well.

"My lord and lady, the army is ready. " said Prince Ethil.

"Let's move out. " ordered King Hrivë.

The army moved out and Sabriel rode Numen. She saw Galasdir standing beside her half brother with Anderson and Kristen. The hobbits was stayed behind. Helena left her kingdom a few days ago as there was a meeting held in a sudden with William and Wizzle. Though they know that they agreed but they sense that Sabriel change and soon left.
Sabriel turned and sighed as the sight dissappear. She decided to take the short cut. King Hrivë agreed onto her route.

They soon marched to Mirkwood.

_____________________________

AUTHOR NOTES ; Hey guys! Here is another chapter. I know that Sabriel's friends agree to go to war but there is an argument occur and decided to not aid her this time. The next chapter is....... Well, you guys can guess right?

Have a good day :)