Chapter 43

Sabriel and the others ambassador discuss two serious matters. One; the attacks of the witch. Two; The elven army was miles away from them.

"My lady, what would an elven army here?" asked Ambassador Reina.

"Obviously, to rescue his 'damsel' in distress who is dead by now." rolled her eyes.

"Somewhat that we need to find the weak spot of the fortress." said Ambassador Quilon.

"But we need to settle one thing. We must need the elven army. Or numbers are too few." said Prince Ethil.

"Yes, my lady." agreed the other ambassadors.

"But how are we to deal with them? Negotiation? " asked Kristen.

"Maybe. But a fight between the royals. That is how he want to deal. " said Sabriel, coldly.

"My lady, a message from King Thranduil." said a scout. 

"Hand it to Lord Galsadir."

        Galasdir opened the letter and he read it loud. It says:

To Lady White,

     I, King Thranduil, have come to claim something that belong to me. You had stole. Now, I am hereby to challenge you to a duel. We are a few miles from your army camp. Surrender or we will attack your camps.  

Signed,

King Thranduil

       Galasdir closed the letter and the ambassadors murmured. Sabriel took a piece of paper and replied his message.

To King Thranduil,

     I, Lady Sabriel, will accept thy challenge. In you win in this duel, we will surrender  and you may have me and my army. If you lose, you are to work with us on war. 

Signed,

Lady Sabriel

      She handed the paper to her scout and he will deliver the message. Galasdir was angry and disappointed at her decision. He dragged her out.

"Sabriel? Are you mad?" exclaimed he.

"What?"

"You do not know who are you dealing with. You are dealing with my father! The great warrior and a master of swordsmanship skills!"

"I know. Pray to Valar that he will be awake. I sense his soul is sleeping in him due to the enchantment. This is the witch. She control him." 

"But think about it-"

"I have no choice, Galasdir. I need to defend this army or it will be gone and and the witch will conquer the world. "

"You are right. "

                                                                                                ****
The next morning, Sabriel and Thranduil were in a place for them to duel. Their armies are just a few miles away from them.
"The one who win the duel will have to kill the one who lose. " said a guard.

"We met again, Ellen. Or might I say Lady Sabriel. " he hissed.

"A pleasure indeed. You have come to reclaim something that is far worse than a valuable jewel. " said Sabriel,coldly.

"We shall see. " He begun the first attack.

      The battle of the two begun. Thranduil begun his first attack. He strike and parried with her but Sabriel blocked his attacks and strike him back. He grunted as her sword was nearly plunged on his heart. He kicked her abdomen and  she fell back, yelp.