Chapter 42

With the escape, Sabriel ran, grabbed her horse and leave Greenwood. The wretched place where she was once called the place one of her home but ended up, it was still an enemy territory. It takes a few days to reach the campsite. Where each day, she gets a little closer.

       On the eighth day, she reached the campsite. The camp is full of soldiers. The horn was blew due to her arrival.

"The lady is back!" exclaimed the soldiers.

"She doesn't age! " exclaimed the other.

They led her to the royal tent. She heard voices as in an argument.

"I know, if we strike at the south it would have been better. " said Kristen.

"Ladies are not supposed to be in the war conversation. "

"What?! " shouted Kristen.

"Leave her alone!" exclaimed Aiden.

""What is going on here?! " exclaimed Sabriel, entering.

"L-Lady Warrior! " stuttered Arasdir.

"Sabriel!"  exclaimed Galasdir, hugging her. 

"I need medical treatment." said Sabriel.

"Get the healer!" said Arasdir.

          The healer came, treat her bitten wound and bandage it. Later on , Galasdir came in and visited her. 

"How is the wound?" asked he, watching her removing her boots. 

"It is painful. " answered Sabriel.

"What could possible bit you that night?" he asked.

"Your father whom had been enchanted. The ways of evil. The spell I have place would hopefully hold the spell from eating his memories. " 

"You did great," he sighed. 

"What is it? Is everything alright?" asked Sabriel.

"Nothing. I am just unprepared to face war." Sabriel put her hand on his shoulder. Giving him courage she is. 

"Look, you do not have to worry. We will win this battle. We have go through many battles and fights. Pray to Valar so that we could win and end it. Peace to the world we must restore. Do not fall to the dark side, my dear elf. Many things we must discover."

"But I sense something terrible is on its way. " protested Galasdir.

"No. It will not. The assassin and the witch is merely a tool. The wizard of the Underworld we must destroy. To store the peace we have to take a road full of risk and consequences. " 

"Thank you, Sabriel. Your words had encourage me. " 

"No need. Heed my advice and stay on the right path. Conflation we must avoid or it will draw us to the wrong path. Once, on the wrong path, the darkness will draw us near and even the a small light can be diminished due to it's power. "

 " Thank you." smiled Galsadir. 

   "Come , we have work that need to be done." said Sabriel.

          They both went out and trained the soldiers. Together, their strength and teaching can bring victory to the kingdom. scouting troops had been sent and plans are getting harder to think. Kristen and Anderson was helping the blacksmith. Smithy and France were trained by William.  Wizzle and Helena having a talk. The ambassadors of the White Kingdom, Galasdir, Sabriel and Prince Ethil having a conversation.

"Reports from the scouts saying more come everyday. About hundreds. " said Ambassador Raina.

"How many soldiers from the Eastern Village?" asked Sabriel.

"I brought 500 men with me, my lady." answered Chief Kala.

"What of the Western Borders?" 

"400 men as you requested, my lady." said Chief Valah.

"Southern Island?"

"700 men." answered Prince Ethil.

"The North City had 600 men. Hopefully, it is enough for us  to defeat the army." said Sabriel.

"We have 2200 men, ready for war, my lady." said Galasdir.

"My lady, what of the traitor?" asked Ambassador Quilon. 

"Question her we must. See if you can find any information.  If not, bring her to me." said Sabriel.

"My lady! Urgent news. Scouts have seen an elven army camp. 9 miles away from us." reported a guard.

"Elven army?" asked Sabriel.

"What would an elven army doing here?" asked Ambassador Dunion. 

"To free the traitor. Bring her to me now! " ordered Sabriel.

         The guards brought Lady Nadine. She was tied up and her dress were thorn up.

"Lady Nadine, how glad we had meet again." said Sabriel.

"You!" sneered Lady Nadine.

"Enough! Tell us what you know of the witch's army." questioned Prince Ethil.

"You. You all think your numbers can overcome the situation." chuckled Lady Nadine, evilly. 

"Do not toy with us, assassin!" scowled Ambassador Quilon.

"Peace, Ambassador Quilon!" ordered Sabriel. "Leave this place except for Galasdir."

        The ambassadors leaved the place and waited outside the tent. 

"Now, tell me everything you know and I will set you free." said Sabriel.

"The witch's fortress is strong. Armies of the remains of Mordor and Dul Guldur had gather. Thousands will come the army add. The army of Gundabad will be add soon. You cannot win the war, Lady Warrior. You knew this. Death will come to the world. He who we serve had gain his strength. " smirked Lady Nadine. 

"Keep your distance!" warned Galasdir.

"Son of Thranduil, you had sense something terrible is about to happen. You knew you can't do this alone. Join me, Galasdir." chuckled Lady Nadine. Sabriel threw her dagger and it hit straight at Lady Nadine's heart. "You...soon... will...die..."

"I thought you free her." gasped Galasdir.

"Free as in free her soul from her dreadful life. I sense you had nearly corrupt your min with her offer. Strengthen your faith and bravery. Do not repeat the same mistake again." warned Sabriel.

        The ambassadors were shocked when they saw the assassin's body being dragged out.

"The witch's fortress is strong. Attacking in is going to be hard. The army of orcs,wargs and wolves had multiplied. Fifteen thousand at least to destroy everything from stopping the coming of Him"

____________________________________________________________________________

Author's notes: Hey, peeps! Technical error here. Sorry to update this. The good news is that school holidays is here! Wohoo! 

Have a great day and night, people! :)