Chapter 40

"Thranduil! " said Sabriel as her body shot up from the bed and then hissed as the wound re opened on her back. Thranduil stood there and went to her. She looked at him and gasped. "What are you doing here? "

"You look familiar." said Thranduil, eyeing on her. She was shocked and begun to stutter.

"No, I believe not, my lord. " said Sabriel, bowing her neck.

"My lord, the patient needs rest. If you please. " said Cantaloupe.

"Inform me her condition. " ordered Thranduil.

"Yes, my lord. " said Cantaloupe.

      He left her and Cantaloupe led out a sigh of relief. She gave Sabriel her medicine. Sabriel drank the greenish liquid and after cringe in disgust.

"It's awful. " said Sabriel, shuddering.

"It is indeed bitter. " said Cantaloupe. "It is algae jello. "

"And sleepy. " she yawned and soon drifted into a deep slumber.
        Sabriel fell asleep on the fluffy bed. Cantaloupe left the room and went to the throne room. She noticed that Lady Nadine was sitting on her king's lap. An act of improper she post with the king. Cantaloupe cleared her throat.

"My king. " greeted Cantaloupe.

"Since when you are allowed to come in? Have you had no respect for your king? " sneered Thranduil.

"Apology, my king. I will leave immediately. " bowed Cantaloupe,leaving. She looked one more time at the king and his bride -to -be having a love conversation. She too noticed that the king's wrist had a bracelet with a dark ruby stone on it.

        The door closed and she left.

                                ----

        Cantaloupe went to the library and did a research on the weird behavior of the king and the ruby stone which was always in her mind. But all the books showed her nothing. She sighed and put all the books that she had take and placed it back. She went to see Sabriel. She was shocked to see Lady Nadine stormed out from the room. She was mad. Looks like someone add the fire!

"Sabby, what happened? " asked Cantaloupe,seeing her friend smirked victoriously.

"Oh, a bug bugged me that's all. " said Sabriel. "What news? "

"Our plans of escape, on the feast of Autumn." whispered Cantaloupe. "Midnight, where all the guards are drunk. "

"What about you? " asked Sabriel.

"My friend, you had saved me from death. Need not to worry about me. I will distract them. "

"When is the feast? "

"Tomorrow night. " said Cantaloupe.

        Sabriel felt wrong about Cantaloupe. So many times she had helped her. But Sabriel had a plan to save her friend and ride back to the nearby camp to Asgenatian. Words from her half brother marching to war had reached to her ears. She need to help him.

"Good. "

        They were all well planned. But they didn't know that Lady Nadine evesdropped  their conversation. She smirked and soon planned out.

"Set every corner two strong guards. I want a strong guard for tomorrow party where the elleth will not escape. The White Kingdom soldiers are weak without this elleth. But who is she? " asked Lady Nadine. "Pearly?"

"Your Highness. As I went to investigate this elleth. She is a halfling. Half-elf. She is not from Greenwood. She is from the White Kingdom. Faking her death, my lady. " said Pearly.

"Ah, really? The Lady Warrior. King Thranduil's former bethrol. Sabriel White. Now, this is a pleasant surprise. Inform Lady of Asgenatian Kingdom. The black witch. Lady Sabriel is not dead. " chuckled Lady Nadine evilly.

"Yes, my lady. "

"Sabriel, you should not have come here in the first place. You do not know that there are so many people want you dead. A price they had put on your head." smirked Lady Nadine.

   ---

        The next day, Sabriel woke up and saw a parchment on the ground. She opened and read through. It was from her brother. Scanning the words he wrote and then she packed her stuff.

"Plan to escape. " said Sabriel.

________----

AUTHOR NOTES : HEY GUYS! Sorry for not updating the story! Really appreciate those readers to wait! Have to leave it like that.

Have a good day!