Chapter 18

Edd snuggles up close to Kevin outside on the field. They were laying in complete peace and love, looking at the fluffy coulds drifting by. Edd closed his eyes and inhaled Kevins sweet scent.

Kevin looked down at Edd and smiled.

"What're you thinking?"

"I can't believe you did that today."

"I want the world to know you're mine."

"But what you said to Chris-"

"He was being an asshole."

Edd played with sleeves, not knowing what to say. Chris was so big and scary. And when Chris was mad, he liked to take it out on others. Edd shivered at the thought.

Kevin saw discomfort on his lovers face. He held him tightly and whispered in his ear, "I won't let that dumb ass hurt you." Edd looked up and smiled at Kevin. The two boys looked at eachother, enjoying the others company.

Kevin leaned down and kissed Edd on the lips. Edd giggled as Kevin began to lay on top of him. The two began kissing passionatly and lovingly. The world felt right. Until the boys heard a voice.

"Dumb fags! Disgusting!"

Kevin angerly jumped to his feet. He stared at Chris, hatred in his eyes.

"The fuck you say fuckboy?"

Chris laughed and began walking toward the two. He was a few feet away from Kevin when he said, "I said you two were dumb fags. And disgusting."

"Take it back." Kevins growled throught clenched teeth. His hands balled into fists. Chris smirked. "No."

Suddenly, Kevin's fist connected with Chris' nose. Chris gasped and held his bloody nose. Edd stared at the scene, horrified.

Kevin still felt a blistering hatred in his gut. He lifted his foot and kicked the boy in the stomach, making him sprawl to the ground. And just like that, Kevin was on him. Kicking, hitting, punching. The field began to look like a murder scene.

"STOP! PLEASE! NO MORE!" Chris yelled, then began sobbing. Edd couldn't take it anymore. "KEVIN STOP AT ONCE!" And then, the attack ended. Kevin got off of Chris and turned to Edd. Chris ran off, crying and limping. Edd stared at Kevin angerly.

"C'mere baby..."

"NO! DON'T TOUCH ME!"

Kevin looked startled. What was wrong with Edd?

"What's wrong? Tell me!"

"You'll do anything for me and this is what I get? There was a better way to handle that!" Edd began sobbing, "I-it makes me scared!"

Kevin stepped closer to Edd. "Why?" Edd looked up at Kevin. His blues eyes shining with tears. "That you'll hurt me..." And with that Edd turned and ran. Not looking back.

Kevin sat on the field, his mind racing and heartbreaking. He didn't meant to upset Edd. He didn't mean to frighten him. Now Kevin was scared Edd would leave.

He ran his fingers through his hair, tears burning his eyes. "Shit. What have I done?"

Suddenly, Kevin felt a raindrop on his head. He looked at the clouds which had now turned angry. He bowed his head, and cried.