Chapter 2

Wh-what just happened? Why do I feel like this? I-I'm shaking! My hearts racing! Why? It's just Kevin...

Edd paused. Even seeing Kevin's name dancing in his head made his heart beat fast. He began to get extremely warm and his world began to wobble. He couldn't possibly have feelings for Kevin. Their friendship ended long ago. There was also the fact he was kind of an ass sometimes. 

Edd's thoughts were suddenly interrupted when Eddy shouted his name. "Hey, Sock Head! Are you gonna come sit or not?" Eddy snapped, impatiently. Edd shook his head. He proceeded toward his two friends, still shaken by his thoughts.

"Double D!" Ed said, pulling him in his seat,

"Hello, Ed."

"Why'd you go over and talk to Shovel Chin? We hate him remember?"

This comment irritated Edd. He furrowed his brow.

"No Eddy. YOU hate him. I find Kevin to be... nice." Eddy moaned in frustration. "What? Are you his biggest fan now or him now?" Eddy teased, unaware of how his friend was feeling.

"Besides Eddy, I just thought I'd make sure Nat was okay." Eddy rolled his eyes at him. Ed shrugged sweetly. Edd just sighed and grabbed his notebook and pencil from his bag. As was turned around in his chair, he glanced over at Kevin. Nat pushed Kevin slightly, and Kevin rolled his eyes, turning away from him. 

Kevin could see only a little bit of his fiery red hair tucked away under his hat. His freckles were more prominent with the slight tan he'd gotten over the summer. Kevin shifted in his chair and looked up at Edd. Edd panicked. His face grew warm and he tensed his body up. Kevin stared into Edds's eyes. Edd just smiled and turned away in sheer terror. That could not have been any more awkward. He thought sourly to himself. Just as Edd regained his composer their teacher walked in, scattering their bags on the desk at the front before walking to the white board. 

"Good morning everybody! Welcome to your Senior Year! This is going to be so exciting for you. However, that doesn't mean I still don't trust you to sit with people who are going to be a distraction... Eddy."

Eddy looked up and scrunched his face "The hell did I do?"

She continued, ignoring Eddy, "So to start off I'm going to put you in seating plans so I can get to know some of you better!" She grabbed an attendance sheet and listed off people at random. "Rolf Ed and Nazz, to the left front of the windows..." Edd was lost in thought until he heard his name, "And Finally Edd and Kevin to the back." Edds' heart stopped. He looked at Kevin, who was already at the back. He smiled at him. "Oh dear," Edd mumbled under his breath.