Chapter 22

Kevin walked towards Edds house in his dress shirt and black jeans. His sleeves were rolled up since he was hot with nervous sweats. His dad trailed behind him and his mother walked behind his father. His father just put on a dress shirt and left his jeans and boots on. His mother looked beautiful with her red hair pinned up and mermaid dress wrapped around her figure.

Kevin reached the door an knocked hard on it. He stepped back a little. As he did his mother put her hand on his shoulder.

The door swung open and there stood Edds mother. She was a white blouse with a black pencil skirt. Her hair up neatly in a high bun. And her red glasses caught the light perfectly. She had Edd's black hair and pale skin, but her eyes were brown, not an icy blue like Edd's. Kevin smiled at her.

"Good evening ma'am." Kevin said, more confident then he intended. Edd's mother smiled at him. "Hello Kevin! My how much you've grown," she grabbed Kevin and pulled him into a hug, " you're a handsome young man now!" Kevin hugged her back, happiness bubbling inside.

As the two released their embrace, Kevins mom got aquianted with his parents again. Kevin stepped inside and headed towards the dining room. He saw Edd putting plates around the table. Kevin leaned against the wall, watching his lover place forks and knives on the table, making sure everything was just so. Edd didn't notice him until Kevin cleared his throat.

"Hey sweetface."

Edd turned around and smiled at his lover, his heart beating at the sight of his handsomeness.

"K-Kevin, you look stunning..."

Kevin stepped closer to Edd, "Thanks baby, you look handsome as hell too." The two stepped closer, an inch away from each other's face. Kevin held Edd's waist and pulled him closer. The two inched closer to a kiss, when a voice interrupted them.

"Eddward! I don't want to see any of that homosexual crap in this house!"

The two quickly separated. Edd looked down. But Kevin looked up at the tall man towering over them. He was tall, at least 6"2, with black hair and deep, squinted, brown eyes. His milky skin matches Edd's. His eyes were furrowed and serious. This was Edd's father.

"I'm sorry father..." Edd mumbeled under his breath. His father looked at the two boys, almost as a warning. Edd's mother and Kevin's parents walked in. Edd's mother glared at her husband and gripped him tightly.

The tension could be felt like a warm gas seeping through the air. The room was silent, until Edd's mother spoke, "Alright! Let's eat!"

Edd and Kevin have a eachother a cautioned look. This will be a fun dinner... They both thought.