Chapter 24

Eight Years Later...

Edd looked in the mirror while he brushed his teeth. His mouth blue with suds from toothpaste.

He looked deep into his blue eyes and smiled. Life was perfect. His eyes reminded him of someone else's beautiful eyes. Calming, green, beautiful eyes. He smiled and spit out his toothpaste, a nervous fluttering enter his stomach.

He walked down the hall of his 4 bedroom apartment in his pyjama bottoms. He looked at the small yet cozy space, still nervous. He had been this way for a few weeks already. The big day was coming soon.

Edd walked into a small room, with brown wooden floors and a desk tucked away in the corner. A man sat at the desk playing with his hair while going through lots of papers. Edd approached the desk, cautiously.

"Hey sweetheart, how's it going?"

The man looked up at Edd, his ginger hair messy, his green eyes tired, but he smiled so beautifully. He stretched his arms up in the air, exposing his abs a little.

"Hey Edd. It's going amazing! The adoption agency says that we seem like the perfect family to adopt!"

Edd smiled and hugged his lover, happiness clouding his vision.

"Oh Kevin!" He cried, "Life is going to be amazing! Everything's going our way!"

Kevin pulled Edd into his lap, holding him close. "Tomorrow, we'll be married, and then soon we'll be parents." Edd smiled and kissed Kevin passionately. Happiness filling his chest.

After the two pulled back, Kevin's expression changed to a serious, hush face. He looked in Edd's icy blue eyes and whispered, "Your dad contacted back..." Edd's face and heart dropped. He hadn't seen his dad in years. Not since he moved out the second he graduated. Hell, the only reason he invited his dad was to prove to him that he could be a better man than his father ever could be. Edd sighed.

"What did he say?"

"He's coming."

"Really? He has the nerve to-" Kevin gave Edd his famous Don't Start stare. Edd shut his mouth and stared at his feet. Kevin lifted his chin.

"Hey, let's not let him ruin our day, alright? You should go to sleep. I'll be there soon, okay?" Edd nodded and quietly left the room. Crawling in ones, a thousand thoughts race through his mind. But for some odd reason, they helped him sleep better.