Chapter 19

Edd curled up on his couch, watching 'Monsters Inside Me'. He felt a little more calm after what had happened, but he was still frightened. If he ever left Kevin, would he react like that? Or be like that in general if Edd did something he didn't like. The thought my made Edd's stomach twist and turn.

As Edd was thinking, he was startled by a knock at the door. He nervously got up and opened the door. His heart rate slowed why he was Ed looking down on him.

"Oh, Ed. Thank goodness."

"Guys Double D! I thought you were with Kevin?"

Edd looked down and bit his lip. He started fidgeting with his sleeves.

"Kevin, kinda, scared me Edd..." He felt tears prick into his vision. He tried to sniffle them away.

Ed walked in Edd's house and sat on the couch, patting the seat beside him. Edd went and sat with his friend.

Edd began telling Ed the story of what happened, to the last little detail. After Edd was done he burst into tears, "I'M SO SCARED EDD! WHAT IF HE HITS ME?"

Ed rubbed Double D's back. "If he really love you, he won't!" Edd never thought about that. He thought about what Kevin had said to him Monday, about him loving Edd. His heart raced.

"Ed! You're a genuis!"

"Oh, I try!"

Edd grabbed his shoes and scurried over to Kevin's.

****

Kevin paced around his room, Nat sitting on his bed. His hear was a mess and his face was red and swollen from crying. "Oh my god! I screwed it up! Everything! He's gonna leave now! I'm such an idiot!" Nat rolled his eyes at his friend.

"He's probably just a little shaken up. He'll come around."

Kevin turned and glared at his friend, "WHAT IF HE DOESN'T??" He screamed. Nat put his hands in the air, in a "Don't Shoot!" position.

"I feel like you should think about this one on you own. Later Kev." And with that, Nat left, leaving Kevin all alone.

Kevin slid to the floor, and began crying again. Suddenly, he heard a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" His voice cracked and shaked. "It's Edd..." The voice replied. Kevin's eyes lit up. "Edd." He whispered.

He scurried to his feet and opened the door, and Edd stood there. Kevin said nothing. He just grabbed the boy an held him tightly. "I'm sorry Edd..."

"I'm sorry too Kevin." Kevin let go of the boy, but when he did, Edd kissed his lips, soft and passionatly. In that moment, Kevin knew everything would be okay.