Chapter 21

Kevin walked in his house, nervously. He had to tell his mom and dad about him and Edd. And he had to convince them to go to Edds for dinner tonight. He took a deep breath, his heart thumping.

"M-mom? Dad? You guys home?" Kevin called out into the silence. He heard the back door close and heard his fathers voice. "Am now!" His dad walked up to the front of the house and greeted his son. His face and hands were black from fixing cars all day. His leather jacket looked old and had a few cracks in it. Other than his blonde hair, he looked like Kevin. Freckles and all. Kevin smiled at his dad nervously.

"Uh... Dad... I have something to tell you." Kevin's father looked at him seriously. "Okay. Go ahead." Kevin closed his eyes and smiled nervously at his old man.

"So.. You know Edd, right?"

"Your boyfriend?"

Kevin looked at his dad. His mouth hung open. How the hell did he know? Before Kevin could ask, his father continued.

"Chris' dad told me. Heard you beat that douche up good. I always hated that little prick. But I'm happy for you Kevin, really. If you're happy, I'm happy."

Kevin didn't say a word. He felt tears assault his eyes as he hugged his dad. His dad held him back, closely. He really was the perfect father in Kevins mind.

As the two embraced, Kevin's mom walked in, groceries in her hands. She paused when she saw Kevin and his father. She smiled at her husband.

"Did he tell?" She asked, smiling widely. His father shook his head yes. Kevins mother shrieked. "Oh good for you my baby!" And she joined the hug as well. Kevin felt safe and secure with his family together like this, supporting him.

After the three of them let eachother go, Kevin announced that Edd wanted the families to meet at his house for dinner. His family accepted. He ran upstairs to shower and change into something nice. But first, he needed to call Edd.

He picked up the phone and failed Edd's number. He answered on the first ring. "Hello? Eddward speaking"

"Edd, my parents said yes! And they approve of our relationship!!!"

Edd laughed on the other side, "So does my mother! My father doesn't know, since he's not home from work yet. But it's nice to have support!"

"Yeah, it is. Anyway, I'll be there at 6."

"Perfect! Well I'll see you then!"

"Edd wait!"

Edd paused, confusion showing in his voice, "Uh yes Kevin?"

"I love you."

"..... I love you too..." Edd whispered. And with that, Kevin hung up. Butterflies controlling his tummy. He leaped out of bed to shower. He had to look amazing for his prince.