~Five~

~A Few Days Later~

Our small family was eating dinner quietly. Dan clearing his throat was the only voice that was heard besides chewing and forks clinking plates. Dan finished first and he was smiling at Phil, "Well, I'll just leave you two to talk." He said, and laughed on his way out of the room. "What was that about?" I asked Phil, who I've started calling Dad #2. He set down his fork and sighed, "You've been living with us for about a week now, and Dan and I think it's about time to start going to school."

I sat for a moment, "Okay." He raised an eyebrow, "No complaining? No argument?" He asked. I shook my head, "In fact, I was waiting for you and dad #1 to put me into school." I said, putting my plate in the sink. Phil half smiled, "Well that was easy."

I grinned, "So when am I starting?" I asked. "Next week." He replied, starting to wash dishes. I nodded, "Goodnight Dad." I said and kissed his cheek before walking into the lounge. "Goodnight other dad." I said and kissed his cheek as well, then headed to my bedroom.

-------------------

I woke up in the middle of the night, there had been a yell outside and it was loud enough to wake me up. I groaned and stood up, then walked to the washroom so I could splash some water on my face. When I passed my dads's room, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. Dan was on his laptop, the brightness was turned down.

"Dad?" I asked as I walked in, I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. His eyes shot to me, "Why are you up?" He asked, I saw that he was editing a video. I yawned, "I dunno, someone outside yelled and it just woke me up.." I explained. He nodded, "Do you want some tea to help you get back to sleep?" He asked. I nodded, "Please."

----------------------

Dan took the pot off the stove and poured the water into two mugs. The time is around 1:48 and I feel very energized. I took the mug of green tea and drank it before it cooled off, resulting in me basically burning my face off.

"So Piper," Dad said, looking at his cup, "Sense you're starting school next week, I think it's time we have a talk." He looked like he dreaded life after he said that. I sighed then he started talking again, "You're going to be in year eight. And when boys come to that age, it's harder for them to um.." He got quiet, "Control their bodies..and you're a very beautiful young lady so the boys won't really be able to control themselves around you. So if anything happens, just know you should tell me or Dad #2 and we'll take care of it..okay?" He asked.

I nodded, "Well that was very awkward, but yeah I'll tell you guys as soon as I see you." I said and drank the rest of my tea. "Well I'm going back to bed." I yawned.

Dad #1 nodded, "Okay, goodnight sweetheart." He said and kissed the top of my head before I walked back to my room and drifted off to sleep.