~Eight~

When I actually got to school the next day, nobody asked me about the incident yesterday like I expected. I saw Wayne, a pink mark in the shape of a hand was still on his face. I was about to walk into geography when two girls stopped me, "Is it true your dad is Dan Howell?" One asked. "Yeah. My mum is Phil Lester." I laughed, their eyes widened.

I nodded and walked into the class.

--------------------

Word got around about my parents and suddenly everyone wanted to be my friend, though all of them were wannabes and losers, so I declined nearly everyone.

Sense I had joined the semester about two weeks before holiday break, I had loads of tests to study for. I spent my lunch in the library.

Everything was fine for a while, but then the librarian shushed me because my music was loud and he could hear it through my earbuds. I groaned, but turned down the volume, then continued jotting down notes from books I had taken off the shelves.

--------------------

Last class. Gym. I changed out and they took the class outside to run laps. I just walked with my hands in my pocket, like I did yesterday. Wayne was in this class and I noticed he kept giving me a stink eye.

A girl walked up next to me, "Piper, right?" She asked. "What's it to you?" I muttered. The girl rolled her eyes, "The name's April. I saw you slap Wayne the other day, you got a lot of guts coming back the day after." She smirked.

I rolled my eyes and started to jog for my last lap. Then the couch blew her whistle and the day was basically over.

---------------------

I went to the same bench I was at yesterday. Wayne was sitting there as well. I immediately turned around and just started walking home on my own. Suddenly I heard my name, "PIPER!"

I spun around and saw Phil running up to me, "A bunch of girls wanted photos with me, sorry.." He explained. I nodded as a way to say it's fine and we continued walking home. I started to text a girl I had met in the library, Phil started looking over my shoulder.

"Can I help you..?" I asked, a bit annoyed. He gave me a look, "Are you getting an attitude with me?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No sir, I was just asking why you were ready my messages." I explained as sweetly as possible and put my phone back into my pocket. Phil nodded as we got to the building. We walked up two flights of stairs then walked into the flat, I went straight into my room.

I plopped onto my bed and immediately started studying.

-----------------------

"Piper, it's time for dinner." Dan said through a crack in the door. "Okay." I mumbled, finishing a sentence.

I walked to the kitchen and took a piece of pizza out of the box, quickly eating it. Before I could coop myself back in my room, Dan stopped me, "If you keep hiding in there and studying you're gonna end up like Light from death note, just take a break and eat dinner with your dads."

I nodded and sat at the table, it was quiet the whole way through dinner.