~Ten~

Dan patted my back, "You okay sweetie?" He asked. I shrugged, "Yeah, it just sucks when you get hate Y'know?" I said, kinda smirking. He nodded, "Yeah, but what you didn't stay to see, was a shit-ton of positive comments. Those are the ones that matter."

I looked at Dan. I couldn't really stop myself from hugging him. "Thanks dad.." I mumbled into his chest then pulled away, "Do you want to go play Halo?" He asked. I smirked, "You're on."

-----------------------

"Dan you're getting beat by a thirteen year old girl." Phil laughed. Dan grumbled, "I'm just going easy on her, wait, no, don't do that!" I laughed as I killed his character..again. He was beginning to get frustrated, "Dammit!" He muttered under his breath.

I laughed, "Phil what time is it?" I asked between giggles. "Almost 8:30, Dan I'm going to order a pizza." He said, then left the room. I noticed Dan staring, "Stop looking at his bum and play the game." I said, nudging his shoulder.

He rolled his eyes and killed my character sense I wasn't paying attention, "FINALLY!" He yelled triumphantly.

-----------------------

After dinner, I had about 20 minutes to  get ready for bed. I showered and went into my room but I had left my laptop.

I walked into the lounge and saw something...disturbing. Dan was on top of Phil, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING?!" I yelled as loud as possibly. Phil pushed Dan off and Dan fell on the fell. "Piper..well...umm..Y'know...uh..what do you need?" Phil stuttered. I grabbed my laptop, "You two have fun, I'll be in my room." I said awkwardly and walked out of the room.

I closed my bedroom door and started laughing my ass off. I basically caught my parents during  one of the most heated make out sessions of all time. I sat on my bed and turned on my laptop, I plan to watch Netflix until I fall asleep.

----------------------

"Phil I don't know why you wanted a kid so bad! She's annoying and ungrateful and just a pain in general!" I heard Dan yell. I walked to the lounge, the hallway seemed longer than usual. I listened in on the conversation, "I know right? We should just take her back to the orphanage, we can get that other kid we wanted." Phil agreed.

I accidentally coughed and Dan saw me in the hall. He grabbed me by my hair and started hitting me, Phil just sat back and laughed. I kept begging for him to stop, then everything went black.

I shot up out of my bed. That was one of the worst nightmares I've ever had. I looked at my alarm clock, it was almost six but I heard rustling in the kitchen. I got up and walked as fast as I could to the source of the sound.

Phil was cooking something. I walked behind and he turned around really fast, like, really fast. I flinched and he immediately started apologizing. "Oh my god I'm so sorry are you okay oh god you're alright, right?"

I nodded, "Hey..have you ever thought  about..taking me back?" I asked a bit quieter than intended. His eyes widened, "No, of course not, why would you think that?" He asked, putting his hands on my shoulders.

I scratched the back of my head, "I had a nightmare, you guys were going to take me back and adopt someone else..but then Dan-" I was cut off by my own sobbing. Phil hugged me really tight, it was a warm hug too.

I pulled away, "He, he started hitting me..and you didn't do anything about it, you were even laughing." I finished. Phil's eyes grew huge, "Sweetheart, Dan would never do anything to hurt you. And we wouldn't take you back, we chose you for a reason, because we love you."

More tears rolled down my cheeks but there was a smile on my face, "Sorry, I cry a lot." I laughed. Phil smiled until the smoke alarm went off.

Let's just say we had some burnt bacon for breakfast..