~Twenty-One~

"Get up..go learn..no more christmas.." Phil said, poking my nose. I groaned and sat up. I haven't really talked to Avery since he went off on me, but I was gonna apologize today.

I wouldn't get up so Phil ripped the blanket off of me, but he went stiff when he saw I was just in a t-shirt and my pants (underwear for Americans including me). I sat up and pulled the shirt down kinda, "Would you mind if I had that back?" I yawned. Phil slowly handed it to me and awkwardly backed out of my room.

After I got dressed, I went to eat breakfast and saw Dan basically reenacting the karate kid. "Uh..you okay?" I asked and he jumped like four feet in the air. He looked at me, "There is a moth. Somewhere in this kitchen." He said, moving his hands in a circle motion.

"It's right there, bye." I said and walked out of the door with all my stuff, Phil suggested I started walking to school on my own and frankly I was terrified that I would get raped or something. Of course, something always goes wrong. Halfway there I had to walk past a group of guys that were obviously older than either of my parents. They were literally all staring at me. I started pretending I was texting, as if I couldn't be any more awkward.

But I'm bad at pretending so I actually did text Dan.

Me: Old guys are weird
Dad #1: What
Me: I walked past a group of old guys
Dad #1: U k?
Me: NooOooooo, I'm texting you from the grave
Dad #1: okay have fun, I have a moth to kill

I finally got to school I looked for Avery, I've developed a huge crush on him, liking him was against my will. I found him but once again, something went horribly wrong. He was basically shoving his tongue down some girl's throat. So I did what any heartbroken eighth grader would do. I went to my nearest coffee shop, and started ordering food.

---------------------

I stayed at the Starbucks until around 10:00, then I started walking home. I could've just seen the whole scene wrong but I highly doubt it. I got to the flat and slammed the door shut. I trudged up the stairs and saw Phil in the lounge, "I'm home."
"Why?"
"I have a feeling that I shouldn't be in my lessons if I feel like drowning myself in a bathtub."

Phil patted the spot next to him on the couch, I told him everything.

-----------------------

By the end of my story I was grossly crying and Phil was trying to calm me down, "I thought he actually liked me Dad, like..what? I can't exactly be jealous because it's not like he's cheating on me but..it sucks." I said, wiping my face for like the billionth time.

Phil looked at me, "Believe it or not, I know what liking a boy feels like." I smiled at the joke, "Guys come and go and liking someone isn't easy but you just gotta face facts and move on sometimes." He continued. I half smiled, "Thanks dad..so you're not mad about me skipping school?"
"Oh I'm furious"