7. On the Road

Claire was driving with Colton in the passenger seat. Behind them was Zack and May in the back seat. Zack was sitting up right with his elbow propped up on the window sill, keeping his head up while May was laying down on the seat, her head in his lap. Colton was looking out the window, singing the songs that came on the radio. Claire asked, "Does anyone need to go to the bathroom?" Zack opened his eyes, "I do." He stated. Zack yawned, stretched then realized that May was sleeping on him. He bent down and kissed her forehead, waking her up. "How'd you sleep?" Claire asked jokingly. "Actually pretty good. I need to use the restroom, are we stopping soon?" Everyone laughed. "Yeah at the next rest area." She sighed, "Oh okay."

After about five minutes of driving they found a rest area. The area was calm and quiet. As everyone went to the bathroom Claire checked on the luggage and her tires, making sure nothing happened to them.

Colton walked out of the bathroom and stood there, Staring at Claire. His mind filled with thoughts and his stomach full of butterflies. He never imagined that he would have such a great woman like her.

Claire looked around and found Colton staring at her. She smiled then went back to checking the car. Colton walked down the little steps of stairs and down the side walk. He stepped off of the sidewalk and onto the blacktop then over to where Claire was standing. He reached around her waste and hugged her from behind. Then they separated and got back into the car.

Surprisingly Callie and Brendan got out of the bathroom at the same time. As soon as they seen each other their hands locked together. After about ten minutes everyone was out of the bathroom and ready to go.

Everyone changed seats. In the Dodge Charger, Zack was driving with May in the passenger seat and Colton and Claire were in the back seat. In the Mustang, Ezarick was driving with Phoenix in the passenger seat and Callie and Brendan were in the back seat.

After driving for a good two hours it was late at night. Everyone decided that they should stay in a hotel for the night. Then with that they got two rooms at Holiday Inn.