29. Gone

Callie laid down on the metal table. A tear rolled down her cheek as she did so. She looked at her uncle, hate filled her eyes. "How could you do this?" She whispered." Larry looked away, he couldn't bare looking at her as he strapped her in. Another man walked over to the opposite side of the table. He grabbed Callie's arm and forced it into place. He strapped her in and walked towards a computer. "Are you ready, Professor Larry?" The man asked, kindly. "Give me a second." Larry answered. "Callie, I'm really sorry. They will kill me if I don't do this." Callie looked him in the eye. "I know. It's for the best." Larry stepped back and looked at the man, "Okay. Do it." The man pulled a lever and a needle came down from where it was. It was two inches away from Callie's neck and it was moving closer too. Callie laid completely still until the needle pierced her skin.

Callie flinched as the needle did this, it went deeper into her neck then it started to take Callie's blood, including her powers. Callie could feel the blood draining out of her body. She winced from the pain. Then the needle was full, Callie had no powers and she had a lot of blood taken out of her. She was lightheaded and her heart was slowing down. Larry ran over to the side of the table and unstrapped her arms. He placed his index finger and his middle finger onto the side of her neck, right below her jaw. "Her heart is slowing down! Hurry and grab the defibrillator!" He yelled. The man ran over and grabbed the defibrillator. He quickly gave it to Larry. Larry turned it on and rubbed the two ends together. "Clear!" He yelled then touched Callie's chest with both ends at the same time. Callie's body jolted up. It seemed like her body was alive. She was gone and no one could do anything about it.

Claire looked down at the man. "I found her." He stated into the walkie-talkie. Again the voice that answered was too muffled for Claire to understand. "Come on Claire! Get down! We won't hurt you." He yelled. "No! I will not get down!" Claire answered. "Well then. You know I could just kill you now. Mr. Smith told us that everyone with powers will die eventually. He said that we could kill you." Claire glared at him. Even though it was dark, she could still see him and apparently he could see her. "I'm still not getting down." Claire answered. "Fine by me." He stated as he reached for his gun that was placed in a holster. It was a 9mm pistol. He steadied his aim then fired. Claire ducked as the bullet flew over her head. He aimed again then fired. This time Claire was hit in the shoulder. She grabbed her shoulder then lost her balance. She fell of the branch, falling towards the ground. She hit a branch with her back and broke it, making her shriek in pain. Then she hit the ground, hard. Her back hit it first, breaking her spine. She couldn't move. It didn't matter, she died on the impact. The man looked at her lifeless body and laughed. "That's the last one." He said into the walkie-talkie.

May kept running until she reached the highway. She heard gunshots, she turned around and noticed two headlights. She ran towards the woods and jumped in the bushes and waited for them to leave. Did they know I'm still here?