15. Aftermath

After everything was done. The kids got into their cars and drove off. Callie was in the back seat of her car crying. She couldn't stand not having him with her. Phoenix called Claire while he was sitting in the passenger seat. He asked her if she could sit in the car he was in too comfort Callie. Claire said yes of course and they stopped at a rest area. Callie got out of the car and walked away. Claire followed her into the bathroom. Callie looked in the mirror, "Why couldn't I have been the one to die? I'm not that important!" She cried a lot louder than she was before. Claire walked up to her and sighed, "Callie we need you. You are important, very important!" Claire sighed then walked out the door, leaving Callie there to think about what she said. Sighing Claire walked out to the car and put her head on the top of it. Colton walked over to Claire and leaned against the car, his elbow propped up on the top of it and the palm of his hand on his head. Claire sighed and turned her head toward Colton. Colton smiled but Claire didn't. Her mind was full of thoughts.

Colton walked over to her and hugged her tight. Claire relaxed a little bit. "She isn't doing to well." Claire stated then Colton sighed, "I figured."

Callie finally came out of the bathroom after 20 minutes. She looked perfectly fine. No red eyes or mascara running down her cheeks. She was walking toward her car when Claire stopped her. "How are you doing?" Callie stopped walking and tightly wrapped Claire in a hug. Claire hugged her too.

Colton walked over too both Callie and Claire. He was sad too about his best friend dying but he showed nothing. Claire knew that he was sad. Callie let go of Claire then signaled for her to go hug Colton. Claire sighed then walked over to Colton, wrapping her arms around his waste. He sighed and hugged her back. Claire could feel him start to cry. She hugged him tighter and he stopped crying. "It will be okay." Claire said in a soft voice, "Okay." Colton let go of Claire and Claire let go of Colton. May sat in the car with Zack, watching everything from out the window. Zack pulled May closer. May could feel his heartbeat, she sighed. She looked up at Zack and kissed his chin. "I love you." She said as she relaxed. "I love you too." Zack stated as he held her closer.