16. What happened?

*Government*

Mr. Smith used his pager to try and get someone on the line. No one responded. It was just quiet. All they heard was the waves crashing against the shore. Mr. Smith sighed loudly and pounded his hand on the desk, hard.

*At the beach*

"Honey I'm going to go for a walk on the beach!" Mrs. Harris called to her husband who was laying on the couch. "Okay be careful!" Mrs. Harris walked out of the cabin and toward the beach. She froze. Nothing looked worse than what she saw.her body shivered as she walked closer to what seemed like dead bodies. Once she got to to the closest man she stopped. She plugged her nose, how could anyone kill this many people? She froze. She thought for a moment. These look like governmental people. Wait they were! She bent down and looked at the badge on the man. "United States Army." She whispered to herself. She grabbed the pager that was in his pocket and pressed the button. "Hello? Is anyone there?" She asked and sat there repeating herself.

*Government*

Mr. Smith sighed again. He thought, They were dead. All of them. These kids are now murderers. He sighed. Wait a minute, they fought back in self defense so no they aren't murderers. "Damn it!" He shouted then he stood up and grabbed the pager off of the desk and walked out the door. He stood outside of his door, his body was against the wall and his head was looking down at the pager. He sighed. Then he heard a woman calling. He froze. "Hello? Is anyone there?" She called. "Yes. Hello. Who are you?" Mr. Smith asked patiently waiting for a response. "My name is Kelly Harris. I found your men...." She paused. "They are all dead, sir." Mr. Smith sighed. "Thank you for telling me. Where are you?" Kelly told him exactly where she was then set down the pager on the man. She sighed then walked toward her cabin.

Mr. Smith was furious. The best men that he had were killed by eight teenagers. He thought for a moment. I need to go inspect the area. Find out how they died and if they killed one of the teenagers. He stepped away from the wall and walked away. Hey started for the door when someone called his name. "Mr. Smith! Mr. Smith! Where are you going!?" A man called as he ran toward him. "Kenny I am going to go see the men who died fighting." Kenny sighed. "Is it okay if I come with you?" Mr. Smith sighed as well. "Yeah that's fine." Then they both walked out the door and into Mr. Smiths all black corvette.