22. We Need to Leave

Colton looked at the cabin door. He was frustrated. "We need to go." He called but nobody answered. Claire and Ezarick were talking again. Not really talking but yelling at each other. Colton sighed heavily then walked up to the cars.

Claire sighed. "You have to be kidding me. You are seriously going to stay in the woods until you die?" Ezarick looked at her. "Yes. Do you have a problem with that?" Claire glared at him but he didn't notice. "Ezarick you have no survival skills whatsoever. You need to come with us. Let Phoenix go. You have to remember that the person who killed him lays right next to him." Ezarick became really angry. "I do too have survival skills! I can see at night, in inferred, and even in black and white! Are you kidding me!? I have better survival skills than you ever will." Claire walked over too him. "Says the one who got beat up by a girl." Ezarick stood up, looking big and tough even though he was shorter than Claire. He pushed Claire. "You wanna bet? I've been training day and night for this." Claire rolled her eyes. "By doing what? Punching a tree?" Ezarick laughed. "Actually yes. That's exactly what I did." Claire looked at him. "Okay bring it on but you have to know that I'm not going to kill you." Ezarick laughed, "Yeah I know but I might kill you."

Colton walked over to May. "Can we talk for a minute?" His voice was calm and May nodded. They walked over near the woods and stopped. "Do you know why Zack attacked Phoenix?" May froze. "Yeah. Actually. He told me that he was going crazy. Voices were in his head to kill someone. Like he was being controlled. I didn't believe him, of course. I should've though. He was an attention hog. He wanted all the attention." Colton sighed. "So that's why he killed Phoenix. To get some attention. Not only did he get attention but that mistake took his life. I knew he was stupid but that was horrible." May looked down at her feet. Colton used his index finger to lift her chin up. "Hey it's going to be okay." May wrapped her arms around Colton and started to cry. Colton wrapped his arms around her and let her cry.

Callie stood by the car. Alone. She was in a daze. Thinking about everything that happened. Then just when she was about to get up to go to the bathroom someone grabbed her by the waist and held her mouth. Callie screamed but no one could hear her since her mouth was covered. The man picked her up and carried her over to his car. She screamed and kicked her feet. "Stop struggling. It will only make it worse." He opened up back door of the van and threw Callie inside. He closed the door quickly. Leaving Callie in the back of the van.