28. Is This the End?

Claire turned around quickly, "Run May! Run!" May stood there confused. "Go! Now! Hurry! Don't look back just go!" May looked at Claire then turned around and ran as fast as she could down the road. Why do I have to run? Where is she going? May thought as she kept running.

Claire watched as May ran down the road. She turned around and walked towards the deer, she then heard a little click. Claire stopped, There's a camera hidden in the eye of this fake deer. Claire turned around quickly and started to run. She heard footsteps running after her. She ran the opposite way May did, leading them away from her. She turned her head around, noticing five men chasing after her. Quickly she took a hard right onto a dirt road. She didn't know where she was but if she was in woods she could find a place to hide. Claire sped up, running on the dirt road she took a left onto a trail. She ran until she found a tree. The tree was perfect to climb. Branches were everywhere on this oak tree.

Claire turned around, she didn't hear them yet so she had some time. She jumped up and grabbed onto a branch. She swung her feet up, stepping onto a branch. She stood up and grabbed onto another branch. She hoisted herself up onto that branch then grabbed onto another one. She repeated this until she was about fifty feet off of the ground. She knew she was safe up there.

Claire fell asleep. It wasn't even five minutes before she heard someone talking. They were talking on a walkie-talkie. "We should get the dogs out. It would be much easier." He called into it. The voice that responded was too muffled for Claire to hear. Claire stayed still as the man walked underneath the tree. Claire grabbed onto a small branch, it broke as she put weight on it. She dropped it. It fell down onto the ground. The man looked up and immediately noticed Claire.

Larry, Callie's uncle, unlocked the steel door. "Come on. It's time." Callie gasped. "No please! Don't!" Callie had seen the future, she knew what was going to happen. A tear rolled down her cheek, Larry wiped it off. "I'm sorry, I have to do this or else they will kill me." Callie stood up straight and walked down the hallway with Larry. They turned into a room, it was very bright and there was a metal table with places to strap in someone. Callie sighed and walked over there without a word.