27. Ugh

May looked at Claire. A tear was running down her cheek. "He's...." She stopped, "gone." May walked over to Claire and kneeled down. "I'm really sorry, Claire." Claire looked at her. "You did this! You are the reason why he is dead!" May got up and stepped back as Claire stood up. "Claire please." May pleaded. "No. You did this." May looked Claire straight in the eyes. "Are you kidding me? You killed my boyfriend and Ezarick! You also killed more soldiers than I did. Oh wait. I didn't kill one soldier!" Claire walked up to May and stood up straight. May glared at her. "So what. I did what needed to be done. You didn't have to swerve around that deer." Claire stopped and looked over at the road.

The deer didn't even move. Not one inch. "Wait did it jump out in front of you or was it just there?" Claire asked confused. "It was just standing there." May watched Claire as she walked towards the deer. Just then it came to Claire. It was...

Callie woke up again, this time she was in a cell. It was plain in there, all made of steel. She stood up and walked over to the steel door. "Hello? Is anyone here?" She called. A few minutes later she heard footsteps echoing throughout the halls. She sighed. The man stood in front of the steel door. "Hello Callie." Callie froze. "How- how do you know my name?" She stuttered. "Your papers. You seem like a good person but there's always one thing wrong with someone. Yours is your power." The man hit the door with his fist. "Why did it have to be you?" He asked. Callie stood there surprised, "Who are you?" She asked. "Who am I? I'm your worst nightmare. I'm just kidding, I'm your uncle." Callie sighed in relief. "What are you doing here?" She asked. "I work here." He responded, sadly. "They told me that I have to take away your power. That could kill you." Callie gasped. Callie's uncle sighed. "My name is Larry by the way. I'm your uncle Larry." He turned around facing the hallway. "I better leave before they realize I'm gone. I'll see you later." He walked away, his footsteps echoing through the halls. Callie stood there, lost in her thoughts. They could kill me. Even worse, my UNCLE could kill me. I wonder how May, Claire and Colton are. What if they are hurt?