Chapter 2

" Batman! Robin! Come here you little stinkers! "

The wind was whipping my dark brunnette hair around like a crazy tornado. The rain was just starting to pour down, and I knew that it would soon get worse if I didn't find those two crazy dogs in time.

I wonder how the door got opened? I remember clearly shutting and locking the door this morning before I left to go to school.

Thunder shook in the skies as I went deeper into the woods.

Mom's going to kill me if I don't come back with her babies. She absolutely adores Batman and Robin, and I used to, until I got stuck with cleanup duty. Now , I will tolerate them, but I often feel like the third wheel.

Sometimes I think that my mom actually believes that Batman and Robin are people, instead of house pets. I mean , don't get me wrong, who doesn't love two pomeranians that won't stop yapping each time I walk through the door?

The only good thing from having them around is that , though my mom clearly loves her little baby boys, they constantly pick me over her. And , apparently, they don't let my slight mistreatment of them deter their determination to 'show me some love'.

Though, I have to say, those two fuzzballs are quick learners.

I would never pet them or anything, so one day, I was sitting down on the livingroom couch and had just shoved Robin off of the couch for the fourth time, before the next thing I know, the little stinker had snatched my bag of chips from my lap with his teeth and scampered off to some other room.

And all it took to get my chips back was some petting and a stomach rub.

From that point on, I felt a little differently about them, and would occasionally show them some affection and not push them off the couch.

I wa pulled out of my thoughts when I heard some familiar barking coming from somewhere off to the left.

My heart did a short plummet as I spun in the new direction and took off faster than I've probably ever ran before.

That bark sounded more like a whimper, as if something bad had attacked one of the dogs and they were doing their best to defend themselves.

Poor Batman and Robin, they suck at saving themselves . Which is exactly why I'm in charge of looking after them.

I was crashing through some underbrush for what seemed like forever, before I finally came upon the little furry balls . But what I saw, it was like walking into a horror movie. Only this time, I had a feeling that the bad paranormal being would win.

I stood, frozen in fear , as I watched an actual ork- yes, that's right- an ork , like from the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies- slash into Batman's already battered little body and eat his organs.

Without any thought, I turned and vomited onto a nearby bush.

Batman was dead , and being treated like a zombie's quick snack. Which only leaves me to believe that the whimper I had heard had come from-

A little caramel colored fuzzball collided with my legs, and out of instinct, I reached down and picked up Robin's trembling body.

By now, the ork was aware of our presence, and it's full attention was on me and Robin.

Crap, what's the survival tip for trying to escape from an ork! Oh wait, that's right. There isn't one.

I let out a short scream as I turned tail and bolted from the horror scene with Robin burying his little nose into my shirt.

Much to my great disappointment, and utter terror, I didn't get very far before I found myself having a freakin' giant branch being slammed into the back of my head.

With a small cry of pain, I fell to the ground and wrapped my arms tighter around Robin.

I heard heavy foots steps come from behind me, followed by an extremely heavy foot being planted onto my back.

I felt a cold chill go down my spine as two voices that sounded like they were in desperate need of a checkup began to speak to one another.

" Master will be pleased with our bounty."

A growl that I assumed was meant to actually be an attempt at a chuckle followed.

" Yes, I think this one will do quite nicely."

Then, there was nothing after that as I felt a sharp pain erupt from the side of my head and everything I have ever come to known faded away into a black hole.