Chapter 17

Milana's POV:

I could smell the blood before I could taste it.

Surrounding me on all sides were the clangs of metal on metal and  other, more horrifying, sounds of metal slicing through flesh.

My blindfold had been put back over my eyes and I hated relying on my-not-so-keen sense of hearing and smelling.

My body was still bound and my shoulder wound throbbed like never before. Whatever that Orc had poured over it, hadn't seemed to stop an infection from settling in.

I felt frustrated and afraid that I had been left vulnerable, tied to the middle of a tree's trunk.

The bark was scratching into my back, and I smelled like my own pee, since they never let me do my business in some privacy.

It had been three days of starvation and endless hours of taunting by the Orcs in the camp before I woke up today  at the sounds of a battle ensuing.

Thranduil.

Who else would be engaging the Orcs in the very depths of Mirkwood?

I heard a sudden hiss from somewhere off to my left, and my body froze.

The sound of leaves crunching under multiple legs, and an eerie voice inching closer by the second had my heart pounding in sudden fear.

Why couldn't I just magically disappear and end up in a place where there is a large chocolate fountain and Taylor Lautner is feeding me all of my favorite food with a golden fork?

I let out a short scream when the voice starting hissing right by my left ear.

It was one of those beastly spiders!

"Why ssso ssscared, little girl? We only want a tassste."

'We?' I shuddered at the thought of more spiders lurking nearby, and it wasn't long before my nightmare became true. The sound of numerous bodies dropping to the ground and crawling over to me had my eyes widening in complete fright and a feeling of dread anchored itself deep in my stomach.

I was utterly alone and defenseless.

I couldn't even kick out at the approaching monsters because the disgusting Orcs had not only tied my legs together, but  had my legs tied to the tree trunk as well.

While the other spiders came closer, close enough for me to feel their hairy legs touching my bare knees, the one who had spoken had gotten impossibly closer to me and one of its pincers had caught onto my gag, ripping the thin fabric off.

I gulped down the stale air like it would be my last chance, and it more than likely was.

I felt a sudden puncture in my right leg and I screamed like there was no tomorrow.

I could feel the venom that was slowly spreading throughout the rest of my body and my eyes began to roll into the back of my head.

The pain was like nothing I had ever felt before, especially as the ugly monster began making grotesque slurping sounds as my blood flowed freely down my leg.

Another spider pierced my  wounded shoulder and an intense amount of pain began to swell out from my shoulder.

Even though a blindfold was placed over my eyes, they still flew up to the heavens as my body writhed against my restraints. 

Please, God, let an angel fall from the sky and kill these horrible creatures.

I want to go home.

Another few minutes went by and suddenly the spiders backed away to surround me and hiss at a new intruder.

"Elf!"

"Elf blood is nasty."

"Food!"

"Feast!" 

"Kill the intruder!"

The spiders kept hissing at the elf , and I wondered for a short moment how I could even understand them.

The sound of a blade being unsheathed was like music to my ears and would've grinned if I hadn't blacked out just as the first spider began shrieking when the blade audibly went into its body.

It may not be an angel, but it's close enough.