Chapter 6

'' Stars and daisy's swirling over the moon. Then out pops a cat ghost who screams boo!" I muttered absolute nonsense while Robin's sleeping frame jerked awake and fell off my chest with a small yelp when I shouted the last word.

I am so bored out of my mind, that I'm making up rhymes to pass the time.

Hey that rhymes!

'Lord help me,' I thought as I rolled off of the stone bench I was currently laying on and scooped Robin off of the floor.

He licked my face before I set him on the ground again, and wiped off all the dog drool .

"ugh" I wrinkled my nose in disgust and glanced down at Robin to find him peeing- on my shoe.

Shrieking, I jumped backwards and used my other shoe to keep Robin's body at bay.

"Dude! Rule number- a thousand- you do not pee on my shoes!" Robin started whining and then barking as he kept trying to get around my temporary barrier.

"Bad dog! Shoo!" Robin barked one more time before showing me his rear end as he padded over to a corner and finished his business.

'Great,' I thought with a grim expression.' I am locked in a cell in some weird elf castle, with my own dog using my foot as his personal fire hydrant.'

'Not to mention that we're both stuck in here for life .'

I turned my face to the stone ceiling and muttered a short prayer.

"God, if you can hear me. Please don't let us stay here long enough for me to turn into some barbarian and eat Robin. I may want to get rid of the dog at times-but never actually want him dead. Amen."

I sighed as I felt my stomach growl in response to the thought of food, and plopped my butt down on the bench to take a nap.

*****************************

A while later, I awoke the sound of jangling keys. Sitting up, I spotted Robin , curled up into a ball in front of the cell door.

Robin's ears perked up and he raised his furry little body to stand guard before the door.

I sat up in anticipation as the cell door opened and a dark haired elf in leather armor stepped in and placed a bowl of greens on the floor,being sure to keep a watchful eye on Robin while he did so.

He quickly retraced his steps backwards, shut the cell door and locked it, before turning and walking off.

I huffed out a breath and watched as Robin sniffed the food warily before deciding he wasn't interested and turned away.

My stomach chose that exact moment to let out a very audible growl , so I stood up and picked the bowl up ,before squatting right there on the stone cold ground, munching slowly on a large lettuce-life leaf.

Glancing back at Robin, I knew that he must be starving, but he wouldn't eat the greens that he was eyeing in my hands, so I decided that I needed to find some preferably cooked meat somewhere.

But how?

Obviously, I need to search for a kitchen of some sort. Even kings eat like every day is a feast right? So either a kitchen or a dining room.

I'll bring Robin, grab some food, and then scram for the nearest possible exit - preferably an unguarded door or one story window to jump out of.

Thinking on how all of this will be playing out in the next half hour or so, I decided it was worth a try and grabbing Robin, I stood right beside the cell door, but against a wall, and screamed like there was no tomorrow.

'Lord let this work, or I will be the biggest idiot in the world for thinking that this was even worth a shot.'