Chapter 29

Milana's POV:

After my wings could no further, I decided to land in a small clearing just a few yards further ahead.

Once my legs had touched down on solid earth, I collapsed with a huff.

What am I doing right now?

I should be back at that fortress. I should be chewing through that elf. I should be tearing apart those Orcs and goblins.

The evil voice of my master came to life again, whispering his dark orders inside my turmoiled mind.

" Do not turn your back on me. I have showed you the truth, you belong to me. You will not do as your weak father has done. Come back and I will be lenient with your punishment."

I could feel my body rising at my masters voice.

" You belong to me."

I stilled under those words, and that was when something deep within me snapped.

Memories of my life flashed before my eyes, images of a human girl- of me.

I gasped at the wave of my old life crashing down on me, of my new one building.

I lifted my head to the sky and let out a roar that shook the very roots of the trees around me.

No more. No more of this darkness shall take my life. Shall take my family. 

 My Family.

Mom. The woman who has nursed me and watched me grow. We never even got to celebrate my birthday.

Dad. The man who sacrificed his own life multiple times to save mine. We never even got to eat dinner together.

Robin and Batman. Both eaten alive. 

I have nothing left.

No one left to lo-

Thranduil.

I would gladly let him be the reason for me to fight.

"I don't belong to you! My mind is my own! I am not your servant and I refuse to ever do anything for you! BEGONE!!!!!!!!"

The wind around me began to pick up, and I could feel a familiar rush of power flow through my veins.

\"You are a daughter of darkness. I have made you strong in that darkness. You can not ever hope to escape!"

  " I am the daughter of a dragon and a witch! I will not bow to you!"  

The wind grew stronger until it blew with the force of a tornado. I raised both my legs  and kicked at the air infront of me as a startled horse would do and opened my mouth.

Blue flame with streams of white mixed in it ,shot out of my mouth and got caught in the wind.

Trees uprooted themselves and burst into nothing but ash as soon as the flames and wind mixed.

My own magic mixed with that of Dragon Flame. 

I was weaving protection spells with a single breath  into the tornado.

To keep the Dark One at bay.

"Do you think such a puny trick will stop me. I am stronger than you ever will be!"

I lost my concentration, and screamed in agony when I felt black flames erupt at my feet and work their way up my body.

My bones began to break and reform, the protective tornado had dissipated immediately, those of the trees that had just been pulled from the ground by the force of the wind had crashed back down.

My roars of pain turned into human whimpers as I lay on the singed earth, utterly naked but not afraid.

I squinted my eyes shut to  breathe heavily through my nose. My teeth were gritted together as the black flames vanished just as abruptly as they started.

A dark form of shadow appeared with flaming red eyes and orange flames that were alive, rising and falling with each step it took forward. A crown of sorts was morphed at the top of the figures head.

The figure  bent down until  he was hovering right over my face.

"You cannot defeat me you weak child. I have thrived in the darkness for eons, and will bring this world to do the same. Your friends will be dead soon. And you shall follow."

I could feel the air drop around us and I shivered from the sudden cold.

"No. You will die first."

Without hesitation, I latched onto  his nearest arm and used everything in to summon both my powers given from me from my mother and those from my father and  poured them all into the figure.

Saruman screamed as his back arched and his head fell back.

He tried everything to get my hand off of him, but I used every bit of my strength to hold on fast.

Saruman was being ripped apart from the inside out. I was taking every bit of power I had to counteract and overcome his.

Suddenly, he reached out and with one hand, he lay an unspoken curse upon my body before he erupted in white flame and was no more.

He was gone.

Saruman was gone for good. 

I started to cry in relief but it quickly turned to tears of pain as black lines began to form on the shoulder that Saruman had touched before spreading across my body like a thousand prickly spiders stinging me everywhere.

My body was burning with the feeling of fire and ice and I couldn't stop my eyes from closing just as I heard a male voice scream my name and a strong pair of arms wrap around me.

Is this what it's like to die?